Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Andrew Luck

Re: Andrew Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Arthorn View Post
    Do the Colts have the same GM that built Petyon's teams? If they do, they're going to be in trouble. Petyon Manning is VERY special talent, and they need to do better for any other QB.
    Bill Polian is an excellent GM. They just got caught with their pants down that one year, and it's hard to be motivated as a player when your QB goes from being one of the greatest of all time to Curtis Painter.

But they've had some great talents over the years: Freeney, Mathis, Bob Sanders, Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, Dallas Clark, Joseph Addai, Jeff Saturday...

2. Re: Andrew Luck

Luck is the real deal.

He kept them in that game until the adjustments we made finally sealed the deal for us.
    And their O-line is even worse than ours: at least we have Yanda and KO.
    And their receivers dropped even more passes than ours did; at least ours made the catches enough times when they needed to the most.

3. Re: Andrew Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    This kind of attitude will not get you far. He looked much more like an angry Ryan Leaf out there than a calm and collected Payton Manning. Not saying I believe his career will go down in flames like Leaf's, which I don't (hard for anyone to match that) just that I am not ready to anoint him the next coming, as the media wants.
    I missed this the 1st time I skimmed your post.

Can't believe you actually compared Luck to Leaf.
    I really can't. I...

*speechless*

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    This was a rookie QB playing his first playoff game against a seasoned, veteran playoff team, in a difficult stadium to play in, in front of an emotional crowd. Not to mention he didn't have the guy who has mentored him and called plays all year long. I don't think you can take much from this game. Luck is going to be a great QB, just don't have a lot of pieces around him right now.
    :word, and I think he played well in this game for what it was.

Blog Entries

The truth is no one knows. I guess we will just have to come back to this thread two years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post

I really can't. I...

*speechless*
    In Andrew Luck's first season, he has already surpassed Ryan Leaf's career totals in TDs, completions and passing yards, but still has fewer passing attempts and half of the interceptions, and is way behind in temper tantrums.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CoverD View Post
    Obviously...you've never seen Peyton Manning in a game where a WR or OL screws up.
    Actually we lucked out. Their o-line was worse than ours with backups to backups playing. That's how Kruger got 2.5
    sacks.

This is one game we actually won in the trenches.

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post

I really can't. I...

*speechless*
    Skimming his posts is the only way to walk away not irritated.

Luck is the real deal, but he's not there yet. Gonna take some time for him. Today was going to be tough for him to do well.

It's not like Mark Sanchez, who looked overmatched the minute he stepped onto a football field.

Andrew Luck is gonna be a top five QB in due time. He's like a thinking man's Ben Roethlisberger.

Blog Entries

It's a credit to Luck that the Colts made it to the playoffs despite a complete lack of talent at all 3 levels. Football Outsiders (who I trust immensely, although I appreciate that they aren't without fault and shouldn't be taken as gospel) rank them as the worst 11-5 team ever and as the 25th best team in the league. The reason they made the playoffs was due to two things: luck (small L) and Luck (big L), who engineered more game-winning drives to pull out close games than any quarterback ever. His poise and awareness in the pocket is probably the best I've seen in a young QB.

The Colts' success this year with such a lack of talent gives me no doubt that he'll be a top 5 QB for years to come.

Blog Entries

I think Luck compares favorably with big Jen, he can get out of the pocket and extend plays, and make good things happen, but is also prone to making mistakes and had issues with his completions this year. To his credit though, a lot was asked of him, he didn't have the best of supporting casts, his team is very average in talent overall, with one or two really good players to help him out. Will he be as succsesfull as Jen has been in this league? I'm not so sure. It really depends on Indi's new GM, and how well they draft through the next few years, because they don't have the defense or a dominate run game that Jen has benefited from. They are going to have to be a lot more aggressive with Luck and ask him to win more games than not early on, instead of simply not asking him to mess things up like the Steelers did with Jen, the Ravens did with Flacco, and even the Patriots did with Tom Lady early on.