Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens open as 9 point underdogs

9 is a lot, I would have guessed 7 based on our defensive effort today. I would guess that's where the line end up at kickoff next weekend. Manning's so hard to defend for 60 minutes. We saw it a few weeks ago: he'll hit the comeback routes 8 times before catching you on a double move for a big play. The spotlight is on Ed Reed this week to keep those big throws from being completed and the pass rush to keep Manning off balance and hurried. I think we can expect 20 points from the offense at the end of the day, and holding Denver below that will be a stiff test.
    Long days and pleasant nights.

Blog Entries

Pretty much everyone picked the Ravens to win at home against the Colts. Those same people are going to pick the Ravens to lose against the Broncos on the road. If the Ravens want to make a statement this is their chance. Beat the Broncos and the perception of this team will completely change.

3. Re: Ravens open as 9 point underdogs

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Pretty much everyone picked the Ravens to win at home against the Colts. Those same people are going to pick the Ravens to lose against the Broncos on the road. If the Ravens want to make a statement this is their chance. Beat the Broncos and the perception of this team will completely change.
    I agree with this 100%. The most important thing when facing a Peyton Manning led team is to get out to an early lead. The last thing you want is to be down 10 to #18 with Von Miller and Dumervill abusing Michael Oher.

If we can find a way to win at Denver, there isn't a single team out there that we can't beat.

4. Re: Ravens open as 9 point underdogs

Think it comes down to 7.5/8 but whoa, 9 is a lot! Especially for a defense playing as well as the Ravens is right now.

I know they got blown out at home a few weeks ago by this same Broncos team, but I actually really like the Ravens chances this week.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I don't know. How many games do they have to win? Beat the Broncos and all people will say is that they will choke in the AFC Championship. I think the only thing that would make people notice is if it were like a 38-3 smack down with Flacco whipping out his johnson and using it to throw for 4 touchdowns. Even then the headline would read "Flacco adequate as defense steps up against Manning."

Blog Entries

wow, i didn't think it would be over 6 1/2; shows what I know

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

This is beginning to look a lot like 2000. Just saying.

Bulletin board material.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedPurple2127 View Post
    I agree with this 100%. The most important thing when facing a Peyton Manning led team is to get out to an early lead. The last thing you want is to be down 10 to #18 with Von Miller and Dumervill abusing Michael Oher.

If we can find a way to win at Denver, there isn't a single team out there that we can't beat.
    I agree with this, if they can somehow get past Denver and the Manning roadblock, they'll beat the Patriots this time.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Ravens ml. Won't need the points. First dog to cover and win straight up in this years playoffs.

Playoff Manning shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I agree with this, if they can somehow get past Denver and the Manning roadblock, they'll beat the Patriots this time.
    Imagine Flacco throwing that game winning touchdown pass to Boldin or Smith rather than Evans.

First things first, bring on Denver!

Blog Entries

Good. This team plays better when counted out. Too bad wecdont have billick to break out the speers.