Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: It still amazes me how these QBs **** the bed with these top 5 receivers.

People touting GB's receivers makes this thread even funnier!

GB has Jennings who is a good receiver.

Green Bay also has the greatest quarterback probably who has ever played the game throwing them the ball. Green Bay receivers pretty much anywhere else would look worse, and anywhere other than with Rodgers, Brady, Manning or Brees would look like what they are, a middle-of-the-pack at best bunch who don't get accolades as top notch receivers because they aren't top notch receivers.

Take all our skill-position players. This is everyone not QB or OL on offense. Offer me to switch all of ours with all of any other NFL team. There's probably two I would make that trade with...the Falcons and the Texans.

Yeah there are teams with better guys. But across the board? We have one of the best set of pass-catchers in the game. If anything, it makes Flacco look worse that he's got such great receivers to work with and can't manage to look like a top ten QB.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    They're not overrated.

They do a geat job of executing the Packers' scheme, which like NE's relies on plays that are designed to go to a specific WR/TE/RB running a short, quick route which is why all the others immediately start blocking BEFORE the ball is even thrown.

We don't seem to have those types of plays in our early 80's scheme.
    Our WRs & TEs struggle to get open, even on short routes, not because they lack talent, but because this scheme is positively prehistoric.
    Individually James Jones is inconsistent. Jordy Nelson, who I like, had like one good season. Greg Jennings is great and he stands out from everyone. They're a good group but their stats stand out only on yards per receptions. Aaron Rodgers being godlike makes them stand out as a group.

Also there's nothing wrong with the Ravens' route scheme. The Rams greatest show on turf offenses had a similar scheme.

3. Re: It still amazes me how these QBs **** the bed with these top 5 receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    Individually James Jones is inconsistent. Jordy Nelson, who I like, had like one good season. Greg Jennings is great and he stands out from everyone. They're a good group but their stats stand out only on yards per receptions. Aaron Rodgers being godlike makes them stand out as a group.

Also there's nothing wrong with the Ravens' route scheme. The Rams greatest show on turf offenses had a similar scheme.
    We don't have the offensive line to run the Rams greatest show on turf scheme. The Bears had the same problem when Marz was trying to run that scheme with their horrible O-line.

And before anyone brings up that Green Bay's O-line hasn't been great this year, they don't run that Rams greatest show on turf scheme, so they don't need a great O-line.

And yes, Rodgers is elite, better than Flacco, arguably the best QB in the NFL.

Still doesn't change that we don't have the O-line to run a vertical scheme, and we don't have the scheme to consistently get receivers open on short quick routes.

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    We don't have the offensive line to run the Rams greatest show on turf scheme. The Bears had the same problem when Marz was trying to run that scheme with their horrible O-line.

And before anyone brings up that Green Bay's O-line hasn't been great this year, they don't run that Rams greatest show on turf scheme, so they don't need a great O-line.

And yes, Rodgers is elite, better than Flacco, arguably the best QB in the NFL.

Still doesn't change that we don't have the O-line to run a vertical scheme, and we don't have the scheme to consistently get receivers open on short quick routes.
    Then the Ravens should improve the O-line. There's nothing wrong with the vertical scheme itself. I've heard people say that the Ravens receivers should be running breaking routes instead of bend routes like that would make any difference.

5. Re: It still amazes me how these QBs **** the bed with these top 5 receivers.

Sure, we'll just improve the O-line before we play Denver.

Next week.

Hey, you know what else we could do?

Adjust the scheme to make it easier for our receivers to get open, especially on short/quick passes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    Then the Ravens should improve the O-line. There's nothing wrong with the vertical scheme itself. I've heard people say that the Ravens receivers should be running breaking routes instead of bend routes like that would make any difference.
    Actually it does, that creates seperation. Obviously you've never played.