Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: It still amazes me how these QBs **** the bed with these top 5 receivers.

Dalton made the playoffs his first two years in the league. That is no small feat. Especially in this Division. With another year of honing his craft he just might take them deeper into the playoffs. But the NFL, she is a fickle beast, so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Dalton is ok, he can't be compared to flacco yet, he's not there yet. Flacco has done more with less talent and a shitty OC for years.

Blog Entries

Dalton is getting plenty of heat on talk radio here last night and this morning. It's gonna be a long off season for Andy. The Honeymoon is over.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    That 3rd down overthrow was just awful. AJ was wide open. Can you imagine the vitriol Joe would have received if he missed that pass? Cincy will always be a #6 seed type team at best with Dalton. Damn I was rooting hard for them like I do when they play the Steeelers, and they always let you down (other than the shocker two weeks ago)
    I think that game said more about the low level of the Stealers than the quality of the Bungles. and I don't doubt we would have beaten them last week if we'd halfway tried (ran our scrubs all game and still only lost from the pick-six)
    bengals O did not impress me at all against Hst. their D just wore down.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    Dalton is getting plenty of heat on talk radio here last night and this morning. It's gonna be a long off season for Andy. The Honeymoon is over.
    I hear you Cat. I wonder when Marvin and Gruden are gonna be called out. That gameplan was atrocious.

LOL @ Boldin, Smith, Jones, Pitta, Dickson and Rice as shit receivers. Seriously, that's a joke, right? Do you guys have any concept of what Aaron Rodgers would do to this league with that set of receivers?

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    LOL @ Boldin, Smith, Jones, Pitta, Dickson and Rice as shit receivers. Seriously, that's a joke, right? Do you guys have any concept of what Aaron Rodgers would do to this league with that set of receivers?

- C -

Just to clarify, are you saying this is a better group of receivers then is in GB?

Our group is NOT shit, but it's nto close to those in GB or ATL either. MIddle of the road is where we're at.

Blog Entries

- C -
    You are high Green Bay has the best set of receivers by far. Cobb Nelson are better than any receiver the ravens have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- C -
    I'm not calling them shit receivers. I'm saying with the combionation of 2nd tier receivers and a poor gameplan, we are at a disadvantage. If we had a top tier Rec, he could hide a lot of inadequacies with the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    You are high Green Bay has the best set of receivers by far. Cobb Nelson are better than any receiver the ravens have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And you could make the point that those two are their 3rd and 4th options... James Jones had 14 TD's this year, plus of course Greg Jennings.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Just to clarify, are you saying this is a better group of receivers then is in GB?

Our group is NOT shit, but it's nto close to those in GB or ATL either. MIddle of the road is where we're at.
    Green Bay's receivers are overrated anyway. God forbid a QB can't play with the best talent.

11. Re: It still amazes me how these QBs **** the bed with these top 5 receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    Green Bay's receivers are overrated anyway. God forbid a QB can't play with the best talent.
    They're not overrated.

They do a geat job of executing the Packers' scheme, which like NE's relies on plays that are designed to go to a specific WR/TE/RB running a short, quick route which is why all the others immediately start blocking BEFORE the ball is even thrown.

We don't seem to have those types of plays in our early 80's scheme.
    Our WRs & TEs struggle to get open, even on short routes, not because they lack talent, but because this scheme is positively prehistoric.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    I hear you Cat. I wonder when Marvin and Gruden are gonna be called out. That gameplan was atrocious.
    Yes it was, as wre Gresham's drops. Those were catchable balls and would have set the tone for the first half. Maybe even quieted that crowd some.