Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

It still amazes me how these QBs **** the bed with these top 5 receivers.

Yet Flacco doesn't even have a top 20 guy and gets so much hate.
    How can you have AJ Green 1 on 1 all game and be scared to throw to him? When is Dalton going to start getting the Flacco treatment?
    Can you imagine how good our team would be if you had a guy on the outside teams actually had to gameplan around?

Re: It still amazes me how these QBs **** the bed with these top 5 receivers.

That 3rd down overthrow was just awful. AJ was wide open. Can you imagine the vitriol Joe would have received if he missed that pass? Cincy will always be a #6 seed type team at best with Dalton. Damn I was rooting hard for them like I do when they play the Steeelers, and they always let you down (other than the shocker two weeks ago)

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    That 3rd down overthrow was just awful. AJ was wide open. Can you imagine the vitriol Joe would have received if he missed that pass? Cincy will always be a #6 seed type team at best with Dalton. Damn I was rooting hard for them like I do when they play the Steeelers, and they always let you down (other than the shocker two weeks ago)
    It's amazing. They expect Joe to make chicken soup out of chicken ****. Where is our Roddy White, Andre Johnson, Megatron, AJ Green? Where is our coordinator that designs plays to get our best players 1 on 1? When your only real threat is a 5'7" running back, what can you do. Every top QB in the league has a receiver or tight end that is synonomous with him. Where is Joe's?

4. Re: It still amazes me how these QBs **** the bed with these top 5 receivers.

Dalton, Stafford & Ryan are the 3 QBs who benefit the most from the WRs they have.
    They wouldn't put up the same sexy stats without having top 5 talent to throw to.

5. Re: It still amazes me how these QBs **** the bed with these top 5 receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    It's amazing. They expect Joe to make chicken soup out of chicken ****. Where is our Roddy White, Andre Johnson, Megatron, AJ Green? Where is our coordinator that designs plays to get our best players 1 on 1? When your only real threat is a 5'7" running back, what can you do. Every top QB in the league has a receiver or tight end that is synonomous with him. Where is Joe's?
    Even though we don't have any beasts at WR/TE, we have a whole bunch of 2nd tier talent. You absolutely can win with those types of WRs/TEs as long as you have the right scheme in place--one that plays to their respective strengths.
    We haven't had that for 3 seasons now.
    Hopefully, that's now changed.

The irony is that Cam with his preference for isolation routes and sending everybody deep constantly NEEDED a Megatron, AJ Green, VJax, Roddy White/Julio Jones, etc. type or a Whitten, Gronkowski, Graham...

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Even though we don't have any beasts at WR/TE, we have a whole bunch of 2nd tier talent. You absolutely can win with those types of WRs/TEs as long as you have the right scheme in place--one that plays to their respective strengths.
    We haven't had that for 3 seasons now.
    Hopefully, that's now changed.

The irony is that Cam with his preference for isolation routes and sending everybody deep constantly NEEDED a Megatron, AJ Green, VJax, Roddy White/Julio Jones, etc. type or a Whitten, Gronkowski, Graham...
    I absolutely agree. We might have viewed Cam differently if we had an outstanding talent at receiver. That just goes to show that you have to tailor your scheme around the players, not vice versa.

A great WR helps, but a great QB can make his WR's better. Look at Rodgers in GB, Peyton in Denver, etc.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    Yet Flacco doesn't even have a top 20 guy and gets so much hate.
    How can you have AJ Green 1 on 1 all game and be scared to throw to him? When is Dalton going to start getting the Flacco treatment?
    Can you imagine how good our team would be if you had a guy on the outside teams actually had to gameplan around?
    If Dalton asks to be paid as a top 5 QB he'll get the Flacco treatment.

9. Re: It still amazes me how these QBs **** the bed with these top 5 receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    A great WR helps, but a great QB can make his WR's better. Look at Rodgers in GB, Peyton in Denver, etc.
    Totally agree . It's the difference between elite quaterbacks and 2nd tier quaterbacks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    If Dalton asks to be paid as a top 5 QB he'll get the Flacco treatment.
    Dalton can't hold flaccos jock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    brady in NE
    brees in NO

Blog Entries

Dalton is ok, he can't be compared to flacco yet, he's not there yet. Flacco has done more with less talent and a shitty OC for years.