Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Light rail from Cromwell for Ravens game

We are thinking about taking the light rail for tomorrow's game. Does anyone know what the earliest train is to M & T? We would like to get there around 11 to tailgate. Do you think we would be better off driving? Thanks!

Re: Light rail from Cromwell for Ravens game

The earliest train scheduled is 10:28 AM at Cromwell, arriving at Camden Yards at 10:51 AM.

Here's the northbound schedule.

Thank you for the schedule! I saw 11 in one spot. I wondered if they might run more frequently on Ravens game days. Will it be easy to get on the first train? Would it be easier to drive? Thanks!

I thought there was a closer stop than Camden at Hamberg?

Blog Entries

The Light Rail stops right next to M&T. I believe the schedule leaves off a few stops, but I can confirm it will drop you RIGHT at M&T.

I've usually taken Southbound, but you should be able to get on a train pretty easily. They don't change service on gameday, except that if they have a night game that goes beyond service hours for Light Rail, they extend their hours for up to 1 hour after the game is over.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Since I live on the north side of town, I can't give a good answer on the crowds coming from the south side. I would venture to say that the first train will be packed, as will probably the 2nd and 3rd train as well. In my experiences coming to Camden Yards on game days, the southbound train was always packed, with virtually standing room only. I'm assuming the northbound train is probably about the same way.

Driving will probably be worse, since you then have to find a parking spot, assuming you're not a permit holder. Which would mean probably having to park about 10 blocks away.

Quote Originally Posted by cclaser View Post
    I thought there was a closer stop than Camden at Hamberg?
    There is another stop just on the south side of the stadium. The schedule I linked doesn't show every stop.

Thanks to everyone for the input! I will give the light rail a go. I would like to get my tailgate n for an hour or so before going to the game. So, I will just make sure are early enough at the station. Looking forward to a fun game!

What I normally do is park at Cromwell and take one of the van taxis. You can usually get one for $20 and if you have enough people it works out to be about the same price and they will drop you off wherever. Then you just have to get a ticket back

Blog Entries

Hamburg St *IS* the M&T Bank Stadium light rail stop. I usually recommend using the North Linthicum stop because twice as many trains go there and a train comes every 15 minutes, as opposed to the Glen Burnie stop, which only gets a train every half hour. There's a fork just south of Linthicum, and half the trains go to BWI and half to Glen Burnie.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flipping Birdie View Post
    Hamburg St *IS* the M&T Bank Stadium light rail stop. I usually recommend using the North Linthicum stop because twice as many trains go there and a train comes every 15 minutes, as opposed to the Glen Burnie stop, which only gets a train every half hour. There's a fork just south of Linthicum, and half the trains go to BWI and half to Glen Burnie.
    Everytime I've travelled from South, I've used North Linthicum as well.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

When I take the Light Rail, I usually park at the BWI Business Park station. Free parking and no crowds until further down (Linthicum). Really beats Cromwell for ease and comfort. I don't know the schedule.

btw: Someone should have their head examined at MTA for not offering tailgating compatible Sunday morning trains. I took this up with the Manager of Light Rail services, even met him at the staion, a few years ago. He was moderately interested in running an early morning Sunday train. Unfortunately, that was just before 9/11, when his attention shifted to security, then he left the position.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).