Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Light rail from Cromwell for Ravens game

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    When I take the Light Rail, I usually park at the BWI Business Park station. Free parking and no crowds until further down (Linthicum). Really beats Cromwell for ease and comfort. I don't know the schedule.
    Only thing to be careful of, for someone who hasn't ridden the Light Rail before, is realizing that when you go to LEAVE M&T, you HAVE to board a train headed to BWI. Not every train that is headed South will be going to BWI. I had a coworker make that mistake, but luckily they realized it before the split after Linthicum, so they hopped off there and waited for the right train.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Every other train heads to Cromwell or BWI. When I took the Light Rail at night, I would just wait my turn. Daytime it's safer, so I would hop any train at Hamburg and exit at Linthicum to catch the next train. It's not complicated!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Mista T -

Good luck getting ANY action from the MTA. I live in Hamilton and work in Towson. A distance of maybe 5 miles. For the past year, I've had to take the MTA buses back and forth to work. There have been some days when it's taken me 3 hours to get home. Complain to the MTA all you want, and nothing... I repeat.. NOTHING at all will be done about it.

They haven't a care in the world about the hardships that their incompetence places on MTA riders.

Beeracuda: I agree. They are staffed by a coven of inept zombies with major attitude problems. What's really a shame is that the Light Rail system - two legs from AA County - is laid out almost perfectly for Ravens, O's, Harborplace, etc. Yet it will remain underutilized due to shitty service and security concerns. I would like to see the Legislature impose a freeze on Red Line planning & construction until affter MTA straightens out it schtick. However, I guess that would be a subject of debate for the Politics forum.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

One of the biggest problems with the MTA employees is that they're state workers. I'm also a state worker and I see on a daily basis how others operate.

- "It's not my job"
    - "You ain't my boss"
    - "You didn't tell me clearly enough"

All too common phrases heard and used.

Unless someone is a true fuckup, it's nearly impossible to get fired. The protocol for discipline goes like this:

- Verbal warning
    - Written warning
    - Written warning with 1 day suspension
    - Written warning with 2 day suspension
    - Written warning with 3 day suspension
    - Written warning with 1 week suspension
    - Termination.

And that's for the same offense ONLY. Any additional infractions are treated separately.
    And after 6 months, all reprimands are wiped clean.

So it's not hard to see how some people just don't care, because there are no repercussions.

If you truly want to improve the MTA system, the legislature needs to privatize it, and hold the operating company 100% accountable.

I've been told by an MTA bus driver himself that the MTA does not replace a bus line for any driver that's out sick. Example, if you're expecting to catch a 7 AM bus, and the normal driver calls out sick, you'll have to wait for the next scheduled one, probably 7:30 or later.