Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Thanks to Roger Goodell and his slappies, there will never be another Ray Lewis.

The League rules will not prevent a defender from being a hard hitting, smart, passionate, athletic player. The things that make Ray greater than great do not happen between the lines.

FWIW, I don't like the way the rule is being enforced but it is still new. I believe it will work itself out.

No disrespect intended.

2. Re: Thanks to Roger Goodell and his slappies, there will never be another Ray Lewis.

They need to start penalizing & fining these receivers who keep lowering THEIR heads and leading with THEIR helmets. It's ridiculous to blame the defender when he's trying to hit the guy in the chest but the guy ducks at the last moment.

How can a receiver be considered defenseless if he's ducking his head either in anticipation of the hit or in delivering a hit of his own?

Because isn't he then defending himself?

Goodell's logic could not be more bassackwards.

Blog Entries

Re: Thanks to Roger Goodell and his slappies, there will never be another Ray Lewis.

Agree with Tony's post 100% this modern day NFL will never allow another Ray Lewis the fact that the middle back position has declined in terms of value amd teams over pay CBs and DEs on the defensive side of the ball says it all. Goodell has turned the league into an offensive game, the funny thing is only certain players(Qbs) benefit from Goodell changes.