Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Watch many of our opponents...

...Attempt to use the no-huddle against us in the future...

The Bolts experienced moderate success against us and actually had me slightly worried on a couple of those drives... All you need is a smart QB who can make quick decisions and our defense tends to have trouble adjusting.

We also have to tighten up our defensive substitution situation and work on the fundamentals of falling on fumbles instead of attempting to pick everyone up and run it for a TD...

Re: Watch many of our opponents...

Good point. It did keep us off balance. But right now, I could give a shit.

GO RAVENS!

That is scary to think about since the Bengals thrive in the no huddle.

Its all about adjusting,and Im sure the coaches realize that it cause us problems and will make necessary changes to account for that.

Good point 52 if you remember teams have tried this same tactic in the past. But keep something in mind. What if Rivers hadn't gotten each snap off with 18 seconds to spare, how much time would of been left. Maybe SD wishes they had used the clock better.

Over on the Charger's board, all hell is breaking loose...The meltdown is mainly due to the fact that Martyball caused them to go away from a gameplan that was working and made them play too conservative...

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    ...Attempt to use the no-huddle against us in the future...
    We've always had trouble with it. Not to many teams can do it on a consistent basis because it wears out their offense as much as our defense.
    I BLEED RAVEN PURPLE!!!

Of course I had plenty of "The Ravens didn't deserve to win" flack to deal with when I came into work today, but I simply pointed out that sooner or later our offense was bound to make plays and our defense nearly always makes adjustments in the second half.

Schottenheimer simply expedited the process by playing things close to the vest after the half. You can't play not to lose in the NFL, you have to play to WIN.

That first TD by Rivers never happens if Rolle doesn't fall, so all the excuses I recieved from Bolts fans as for why they should've beaten us fell upon deaf ears.

SD had two weeks to prepare their no-huddle for us. Some other teams may have the same luxury, others will not.

As long as our offense can do it's job and keep the "D" off the field so they can rest we will be okay. Rex Ryan will change things if that takes place on a regular basis.

One major thing that makes SD's no huddle work was LT. We were in a 4-4-3 alignment for majority of snaps. Thats not the best alignment for the no huddle pass down the field. (The one that Rolle got caught on the double move). Denver has a decent backfield and they are effective running the ball. But they don't have LT. The defense will snap back to the dominance it has enjoyed. I reallt think they match up well against Denver. Although Plummer isn't a young QB, he tends to make bonehead decisions when under pressure.

A agree to an extent, but not all teams are as proficient at the no-huddle. Not all quarterbacks can do it. Jim Kelly obviously was the master, and his teams were built for the up-tempo pace. Carson Palmer looks to be one that excels in that mode. Teams that aren't very good at it will have more false start, illegal formation and 12 men on the field penalties.

As long as our D is prepared for it when they see it, it's all good. And I like our D's ability to adapt.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012