Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Re: Amani Toomer bad mouthing Ray.

Ravor-
    I seem to recall that scenario as well.

I guess the thing for me is, I feel like recounting Lewis' situation reminds me of watching old episodes of Law & Order, where Jack McCoy does something very similar to what the Atlanta DA did, and viewers tend to applaud his "creativity"! ;)

As Billy Martin might have said in an old Lite beer commercial, I feel strongly both ways! The Atlanta DA likely knew darn well that Lewis himself actually did NOT do "the crime" of murder", but may have believed that charging him with it was the only way to uncork the lid on what happened. As a rsponsible, concerned citizen, I agree with the DA.

OTOH, given that the DA knew that Lewis did NOT actually commit the act, many Ravens fans feel that Lewis got the short end of the stick. In a way, I also feel that the DA seemed to be playing political drama to the media for (perhaps) his own gain, not with the well-being of justice and the citizens of Atlanta as the appropriate focus. I tend to also agree with the idea that Lewis was a pawn in this situation.

So, I think I can see two sides of the situation, but I think Toomer has a lot of balls to allegedly say what the OP said he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I wont be politically correct here toomer can go suck a dick
    I literally laughed out loud. Thank you sir..

3. Re: Amani Toomer bad mouthing Ray.

The Atlanta D.A. thought he had his OJ trial.

Remember how everyone involved in that fiasco CA$HED in on it?

4. Re: Amani Toomer bad mouthing Ray.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Might want to read an old SI where they featured Ray. It was called "Gods Linebacker" I believe.

They interviewed the DA and the DA was very frank about the incident. Ray wasn't talking and was one of the few people who was known to have seen the fight. He was charged to compel his testimony and nothing more. After the trial, The DA was asked is he thought Ray committed the murders and he said bluntly that he did not. Even the victims relatives don't believe Ray killed anyone that night.

Ray was most certainly not a saint that night. Witnesses do have him fighting and he did, for a while, keep his mouth shut to protect his friends. He also tossed his clothing in a garbage dumpster on the way back to his hotel. All that said, he was candid about all of it in open court and since then.

Bringing it back around to the topic of the thread, I don't see why folks feel uncomfortable about that night. Ray talks about it all the time. The problem is the misinformation that's out there. Toomer didn't say anything inaccurate, just that if you're going to talk about Ray's career, a discussion about Atalanta is in order.
    Things like this go unreported or atleast not nationally reported but the initial story, which was wrong, did simply because it was juicier story and made better headlines. Bullshit. I dont know how the public can make them held to a higher accountability. Im sure nobody is posting retractions for half of their inaccuracies and the majority of the public remains uninformed.
    -JAB

Some interesting perspectives here . . . If he did indeed sweep the culprits away, he is at least guilty as an accomplice to murder I do believe. Even if he did not know exactly what happened, ignorance is not a defense against the law. What was he charged with, I cannot even remember - I think it was "obstruction of justice" or something like that? What ever happened to those other guys, I don't remember that either.

It seems no matter what happened, he has cleaned himself up. I don't think he had much of a choice, but I do think the new side of his new turned over "leaf" is sincere. It will be Ray Lewis Mania in Baltimore, that is for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    Ravor-
    I seem to recall that scenario as well.

I guess the thing for me is, I feel like recounting Lewis' situation reminds me of watching old episodes of Law & Order, where Jack McCoy does something very similar to what the Atlanta DA did, and viewers tend to applaud his "creativity"! ;)

As Billy Martin might have said in an old Lite beer commercial, I feel strongly both ways! The Atlanta DA likely knew darn well that Lewis himself actually did NOT do "the crime" of murder", but may have believed that charging him with it was the only way to uncork the lid on what happened. As a rsponsible, concerned citizen, I agree with the DA.

OTOH, given that the DA knew that Lewis did NOT actually commit the act, many Ravens fans feel that Lewis got the short end of the stick. In a way, I also feel that the DA seemed to be playing political drama to the media for (perhaps) his own gain, not with the well-being of justice and the citizens of Atlanta as the appropriate focus. I tend to also agree with the idea that Lewis was a pawn in this situation.

So, I think I can see two sides of the situation, but I think Toomer has a lot of balls to allegedly say what the OP said he did.