Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Johnny Football

Blog Entries

Re: Johnny Football

Quote Originally Posted by LoganSF View Post
    Threads like this are just too funny
    Why?

I personally think he's gonna change football, especially at the NFL level. He's around 6'1" and wears a size 15 shoe. He's gonna get bigger (I'm guessing around 6'3") and he'll get stronger. He's fast as hell and can make plays with his arm while stationary and on the move. As mentioned above, he's only 20 so he'll get smarter as well, especially playing in the SEC which are more like defenses he'd see in the NFL.

I'd be astonished if he wasn't the #1 pick when he comes out. How he performs next year in the SEC after gaining all the accolades this year will go a long way to proving whether he'd be a viable NFL QB.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post
    the offensive line did a great job of giving him time to pass and find holes to run. the announcers never mentioned the O-line once.
    Isn't one of their guards projected as a high draft pick? They definitely wore out the Oklahoma d-line.

I don't see a successfu NFL QB when I watch him play, I see Charlie Ward, Eri Crouch, etc.

I don't think he will even be a first rounder in two years, I think he might be a russell Wilson type 3rd round flyer.

I also think this "craze" of running QB's will calm down in the next two years, it's just not sustainable.

First year he has done it all, lets see what happens after this year. Personally I think next year he will be schemed against better and possibly get some major hits which may affect his playing. While he was running, I thought for sure he would get stripped of the ball with the way he was holding it. He was amazing running and scoring. OU scheme with two Qbs was strange. Broke their confidence in the first Qtr not scoring on the first drive with a TD. After the pick OU qb threw in the 2nd Qtr I turned it off when A&M scored there after.

Blog Entries

That scramble in the first half - I don't think I've ever seen anything like it and I watch a trillion hours of football.

Special kid. He has a zero chance of ever being a Raven

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Threads like this are just too funn:oy
    :word

No doubt this kid can play, but I said it in the other thread, the main thing that made Newton/Griffin/Wilson so appealing was having canons on their shoulders as well as that added athletic dimension. Who knows though, it wouldn't surprise me if we had another mind blowing mold shattering rookie.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

Ravens should've drafted Luck...

except...

Yeah, trades are nice. But quite obviously, whoever had the worst record the year he's drafted PROBABLY, MAYBE, JUST MIGHT want to keep him. Unless you basically pull a Ditka and trade your entire draft, and even that might not be enough.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Isn't one of their guards projected as a high draft pick? They definitely wore out the Oklahoma d-line.
    They have arguably two nfl ready left tackle playing at both tackle spots. Next year will be a test when they lose one, then the year after the other will be gone two. That's when you see how good a passer he will be.

I think he will be another gimmick in the NFL. I thought rg3 was better

Johnny Manziel is a fantastic college football player. He might have the upside to be the best college football player of all time. But that doesn't mean all that much for the NFL. The guy Manziel would replace as best CFB player of all time is Tim Tebow, and that guy's a punt protector and Wildcat QB at the pro level.

He's very exciting to watch, but he doesn't look to have a truly NFL caliber arm at this point. A lot of things could change over the next few years as he physically matures, but right now he's a more athletic Colin Klein IMO. Don't forget he also has probably 3 first round picks on his OL, a freshman WR who looks to be on his way to being a high first round pick, and one of the most underrated senior WRs out there in Ryan Swope. He's got a lot of help to look this good.

Let's see Manziel have 2 or 3 more good years developing into an NFL caliber passer before we anoint him a draftable player, much less a first round pick, much less a 1st overall pick.

Vick almost won a natty as a true freshman single-handed and came in like second in Heisman voting. Now look at him. No guarantees
    Michael Vick's problem was Vick, the man...not Vick the football player.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Michael Vick's problem was Vick, the man...not Vick the football player.
    Both those guys made a lot of money with the last contract. LOL