Third Downs on Defense

I may just be imagining things, but I feel like we were awful on third down today. So many fantastic stops on first and second only to be thrown away on third. What really confused me was how impressive first and second down was. I Our red zone defense was great though.

Anyone else notice that or am I just completely imagining things?

I can't seem to find the third down conversion stats.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Third Downs on Defense

Bend...Don't break!

We were and have been great in the red zone where it counts!!

Haha, they pissed me off pretty bad on 3rd downs today. I was at the game, so every 3rd down I had to stand. It was terrible sitting back down pissed off because they let the Colts convert.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthorn View Post
    Haha, they pissed me off pretty bad on 3rd downs today. I was at the game, so every 3rd down I had to stand. It was terrible sitting back down pissed off because they let the Colts convert.
    Was right there with you. Every time it happened you could feel the wind go out of the stadium for a little bit

They seemed to get consistently good runs on 2nd down to get them into some easy 3rd and short situations.

We gave up a lot between the 20s again today, but Pees' philosophy seems to be to make the other team prove they can drive it and then bear down in the red zone. Worked fine today, as for next week, we'll see.
    "Flacco stepping up and throwing deep down the far sideline... CAUGHT!!! Into the endzone, TOUCHDOWN JACOBY JONES!!!!!"

iggyman555 Guest

it looked like colts were getting 4-5 yards rushing on first down, makes it tougher to defense 3rd and short

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    I may just be imagining things, but I feel like we were awful on third down today. So many fantastic stops on first and second only to be thrown away on third. What really confused me was how impressive first and second down was. I Our red zone defense was great though.

Anyone else notice that or am I just completely imagining things?

I can't seem to find the third down conversion stats.

The Colts we 9/20 on 3rd down and 3 of those conversions were runs by Luck

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The Colts we 9/20 on 3rd down and 3 of those conversions were runs by Luck
    Huh... Interesting. It certainly felt like a lot more at the game. I guess it's just one of those things. Thanks for the stats