Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Johnny Football

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    I wouldn't mind that at all. With a couple of blowout victories over the Longhorns to boot (with apologies to HoustonRavens). :D
    No apologies necessary.

It was the Aggies who tucked tail and ran away to the SEC avoid playing the Horns all the time. Nice job ruining one of colleges most storied rivalries. :D

As for Johnny Football to the Ravens, lets hope it doesn't happen. That would mean we'd have to have one stinker of a season 2-3 years from now AND a Flacco flame out.

No thanks.

Re: Johnny Football

Exciting player. If he runs around the field like that in the NFL his career will be a short one...

Blog Entries

That's what trades are for. But I admit it may be hard for the Ravens to get him, if he keeps playing like this.
    Can you imagine how tough it will be to trade to the #1 overall pick that season? A team would have to give up 3 years of high picks just to move from the around the #10 spot to make that happen.

Blog Entries

He's a lot like Vick but without the big arm. Might make a nice Julian Edelman (also a college QB) type player though. The guy can break some ankles, thats for damn sure.

The passing stats have to be kept in perspective. He's playing in the same offense as Kevin Kolb did in college. It will lead to him being overrated by at least one NFL scout (as it has with so many spread/run and shoot QBs in the past), which is all it will take for him to get drafted too high.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    No apologies necessary.

It was the Aggies who tucked tail and ran away to the SEC avoid playing the Horns all the time. Nice job ruining one of colleges most storied rivalries. :D

As for Johnny Football to the Ravens, lets hope it doesn't happen. That would mean we'd have to have one stinker of a season 2-3 years from now AND a Flacco flame out.

No thanks.
    I hear you on the move to the SEC. I wouldn't call it "tucking tail" (if the Aggies were in the Big 12 this year, they would probably be playing for the national championship) but I do regret the loss of the rivalry, as do many others in Aggieland (especially now that the Aggies would be in position to finally make it a true rivalry again). Kind of like the loss of the Ravens - Titans rivalry multiplied by a few decades :D The move to the SEC was unavoidable for economic reasons. The Longhorn program became too big in the Big 12 (Longhorn Network, etc.) and the Aggie program had no room to grow anymore.

See my post about Flacco above. I hope he stays a Raven and wins a couple of SB rings. But this is what football forums are for, right? Wild speculation.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    He's a lot like Vick but without the big arm. Might make a nice Julian Edelman (also a college QB) type player though. The guy can break some ankles, thats for damn sure.

The passing stats have to be kept in perspective. He's playing in the same offense as Kevin Kolb did in college. It will lead to him being overrated by at least one NFL scout (as it has with so many spread/run and shoot QBs in the past), which is all it will take for him to get drafted too high.
    The scary thing, however, which makes his case different than Kolb, Vick, Newton, etc. is that he just turned 20 years old, and is still growing (physically, inclusive). He has a couple of seasons of college football ahead of him to become even better than what he already is.

Threads like this are just too funny

Blog Entries
    The scary thing, however, which makes his case different than Kolb, Vick, Newton, etc. is that he just turned 20 years old, and is still growing (physically, inclusive). He has a couple of seasons of college football ahead of him to become even better than what he already is.
    Yep he's doing this as a freshman which is insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Yep he's doing this as a freshman which is insane.

Vick almost won a natty as a true freshman single-handed and came in like second in Heisman voting. Now look at him. No guarantees

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LoganSF View Post
    Vick almost won a natty as a true freshman single-handed and came in like second in Heisman voting. Now look at him. No guarantees
    Vick did himself no favors in the nfl. He even admitted he barely prepared.

Blog Entries

See my post about Flacco above. I hope he stays a Raven and wins a couple of SB rings. But this is what football forums are for, right? Wild speculation.
    It's also possible he'll fall to wherever we're drafting, too, if we're speculating. The recent spate of running QB's may have disappointed by then, hurting his stock.

It's not by chance the NFL went to the pocket passer as The Standard for QB's. These running QB's aren't new: they're throwbacks.

the offensive line did a great job of giving him time to pass and find holes to run. the announcers never mentioned the O-line once.