Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries

Re: Could Sunday be more epic than Cal's 2131?

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I agree and I spent a lot of my life playing baseball. Nobody cares about baseball anymore. No way the o's repeat what they did.
    I didn't play baseball, but I care about it now. I guess I'm nobody.

In my neighborhood, boys played lacrosse. We didn't have pick-up baseball games. We had pick-up lacrosse games. While I rooted for the O's (naturally! I was raised right!), I didn't understand or care about baseball. It wasn't until I started working at the Point after getting out of the Army that I began to develop an appreciation of the game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Baltimore always was and always will be a football town. Even when the O's won those world series the Colts were still
    the kings in this town and the Ravens are now.
    The Colts were, yes. Unfortunately, that wasn't true when it came to city and state politicians, who seem to have valued the Orioles more than the Colts.

Rosenbloom and the Drunken Bastard had legitimate complaints about Memorial Stadium and the differing treatment the two professional franchises received in their leases of the place. The Orioles's favoured status with city and state politicians and bureaucrats played a large role in Rosenbloom's heading for the Rams and the Drunken Bastard's sneaking out of town.

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Maybe if Ray returns an INT in OT for the winning TD...wouldn't that be something.
    The more I think about this, the more I want this to be a curb stomping of epic proportions.

I want to see these mother fuckers beat into submission!!

Come the end of the 3rd quarter I want Andrew Luck laying on his back staring up at Suggs or Kruger screaming "No Mas".

I want that entire team getting on that bus ruing the day they stepped foot into this city and unable to ever forget the day they had to come here and play the Baltimore Ravens on this day that is Ray Lewis' day to enjoy with his teammates and the fans of this team.

Oh My God I'm ready to go right now!!!

Is it game time yet??
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    I didn't play baseball, but I care about it now. I guess I'm nobody.

In my neighborhood, boys played lacrosse. We didn't have pick-up baseball games. We had pick-up lacrosse games. While I rooted for the O's (naturally! I was raised right!), I didn't understand or care about baseball. It wasn't until I started working at the Point after getting out of the Army that I began to develop an appreciation of the game.
    I still like baseball. I still play in a rec league with friends. It's just not as exciting for me to watch. Plus the regular season is so long it's hard to follow every single game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Nothing in baseball can compare to events in the NFL.

Blog Entries

Yeah sure celebrities turned out and yadda yadda yadda. But sorry outside of Baltimore no "fans" really care about Cal or his streak. They know Jeter, and Bonds, and etc.... but noone cares about Ripken. on on the flip side even fans of other teams are admiring of Ray Lewis.

Will it be more "epic"? Nope were playing a game, a game that matters mind you. Not some junk game that noone cares about and has just come to see Cal and his streak. BIG difference.

Definitely. Baltimore is a football town.

I think that now that we know tomorrow is his last home game (Bengals out) it will get the edge.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    The Colts were, yes. Unfortunately, that wasn't true when it came to city and state politicians, who seem to have valued the Orioles more than the Colts.

Rosenbloom and the Drunken Bastard had legitimate complaints about Memorial Stadium and the differing treatment the two professional franchises received in their leases of the place. The Orioles's favoured status with city and state politicians and bureaucrats played a large role in Rosenbloom's heading for the Rams and the Drunken Bastard's sneaking out of town.

I was talking about the fans shoving out hard own bucks, not the politicans who drove the Colts out.

Bisciotti touched on this when he bought the Ravens. In the old days and this included great football towns like St Louis
    and Oakland. OAK broke all Baltimore's old sellout records after the Colts left and they lost their team. They
    all lost teams and they all got them back.

But in those days of moving, the politicians of those cities and LA the second biggest market in the country which lost a team
    and never got one back said screw you to new stadium demands. We had stupid old politicians like Walter Orlinsky who even
    said Denver only has one pro team. Then there was Hyman Pressman head of the city council who didn't care. Schaeffer
    was the only one who did but he drove Irsay out with that stupid domain bill. Irsay didnt move til he woke up and saw the
    state was taking over his team and he skipped town but he had a place to go to.

Yea, Rosey had legit claims about the old stadium but the city didn't want to build one and said
    screw you and he said I'll teach Baltimore a lesson and he did.

As far as the O's, their new stadium wasn't built til 95, 11 years after the Colts left and their owner was making noise
    about leaving. EBW threatened to move to DC, unbearable even to Hyman Pressman. They learned that lesson Rosey taught them and built a stadium and raised the money to lure a football team but Bmore was always a football town.

And speaking of politicians, Scheaffer only ran for guv to keep that stadium money in place for the Ravens to come here.
    After he left another politician from the Eastern Shore, Mike Miller raided it for a few million. Glendenning the new guv
    wanted a team as bad as Schaefer but knew he couldn't keep the money in place. The eastern shore politicians in
    Annapolis didn't care.

So he got the new stadium head, John Moag to send letters to every team that he was taking the money off the table
    and that was after we didn't get an expansion team because Tags rigged the derby vs us. He said you have 30 days
    to make a move here or the money goes to the state.

Art and two other owners jumped on it right away. We could have had the Bucs and the Cards but Moag didn't want those
    owners. Glazer even said the buck stops here, not in Bmore when he bought the Bucs. Then he jumped on the state's
    money for a new stadium. Moag told his secretary not to take any calls from him and Glazer was pissed. He learned that the
    buck does stop in Baltimore. Moag wanted Art and Bidwell was a curse.

That's the way it was.

BTW I loved your other quote. Jeremy Conn is an Irsay fan. The Colts ceased to exist in 1984.

Soooooo true!
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 01-05-2013 at 11:42 PM.