Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Blog Entries

Re: Our boy Pretty Flacco or Tony Romo?

Quote Originally Posted by Rochardrik View Post
    By THIS logic, Romo then, is one of the worst QB's. Has choked in playoff games and has not won a Superbowl. How does this bring ANY thing to the discussion?
    It's a dumb standard for fans. While I certainly want the players to have the focus of "Super Bowl Champs or Bust!" during the season, as a fan all you can really ask is that they play their ass off every week, give you meaningful games late in the year, and get into the playoffs more often than not. If they're doing that, you're a fan of a good team.

Winning Super Bowls requires a lot of luck. The Giants beat the Patriots twice in the last decade largely on luck. A luck "helmet catch" in one, a miracle catch by Manninghim in the other, with Welker dropping another miracle catch. The ball bounces funny, and crazy things can happen.

The winner of the Super Bowl isn't necessarily the best team in football that year. It's who got healthy and hot at the right time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    But as we saw, there's really no way a QB can truly carry the team by himself. He put the ball in Lee Evans hands in the endzone, but Lee drops it. The only argument you could make would be "well shouldn't he have found a way to win it on the next play?"...except there's a reason the team you are playing against made it to the AFC Championship.
    The closest I ever saw a QB come to winning a Super Bowl by himself was Elway in the '80s.

It's funny: I never see any criticism of Brady on that pass Welker didn't catch...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNest View Post
    It is. I was told romo isn't as good as flacco bc ge doesn't win much in the playoffs.

Which brings me to my next pt, how many SB has Joe won? The same as Romo. I'm not even being negative about Joe, but comparing to another QB who I think is good..... AND STILL PEOPLE GET PISSED AND THEIR PANTIES IN BUNCH.

I see no benefit to posting an opinion on this board...if your not a regular you get your ass-chewed.

This donkey of a thread still has legs??? End it now!

Blog Entries
    I'll take Pretty Flacco and you can keep Romoliscious

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

5 years in the league. Has won a playoff game every year.

He's not perfect, but he's our QB. Go Joe
    "Flacco stepping up and throwing deep down the far sideline... CAUGHT!!! Into the endzone, TOUCHDOWN JACOBY JONES!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNest View Post
    It is. I was told romo isn't as good as flacco bc ge doesn't win much in the playoffs.

Which brings me to my next pt, how many SB has Joe won? The same as Romo. I'm not even being negative about Joe, but comparing to another QB who I think is good..... AND STILL PEOPLE GET PISSED AND THEIR PANTIES IN BUNCH.

I see no benefit to posting an opinion on this board...if your not a regular you get your ass-chewed.

That's not even close to true. I post here every once in a while and nobody "Chews my ass"....difference is, I don't say stupid shit.

As far as that goes....why do you call him "pretty boy"? My guess is your lady thinks he's hot (which may be true) and it's YOU who has their panties in a bunch.
    Superman wears Flacco PJ's to bed!....