Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Our boy Pretty Flacco or Tony Romo?

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    But by the standard you set. Marino is no better than Flacco or "The Dirty"

You were one of those kids that changed the rules when it did not go your way. Huh?
    Marino was a phenomenal qb. The only standard I set is that flacco isn't better than romo bc he has more playoff wins.

I'm pretty sure you're the one who tried to change the "rules" when you wrote how many playoff wins does Romo have. I guess that is the only statistic that matters.

Criticize or ridicule me all you want... My opinion is Romo and Flacco are about the same level of QB. Sorry if I hurt "ravens qb" feelings....

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNest View Post
    Marino was a phenomenal qb. The only standard I set is that flacco isn't better than romo bc he has more playoff wins.

I'm pretty sure you're the one who tried to change the "rules" when you wrote how many playoff wins does Romo have. I guess that is the only statistic that matters.

Criticize or ridicule me all you want... My opinion is Romo and Flacco are about the same level of QB. Sorry if I hurt "ravens qb" feelings....
    LMAO... All records and accomplishments and/or lack there of make that. There is no way on this green earth that Romo is better than Flacco.

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    LMAO... All records and accomplishments and/or lack there of make that. There is no way on this green earth that Romo is better than Flacco.
    Said they were the same level of qb, seriously you hate actually reading what I write.

On side note interesting article below on 4th qtr comebacks. Article was written earlier this yr (sept).
    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...ive-qbs/16571/

Blog Entries

And here is all time listed. Romo 6th highest for active qbs. Like I said previously guy only gets called out for his "un-clutch" plays never the plays that win ball games.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...cks_career.htm

Blog Entries

I guess I'm not the only one who thinks like a child.

http://endzonereport.net/2012/05/12/...n-be-a-debate/

Blog Entries

I can't believe this is even a discussion.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

In the end, to me they are the same level of qb.

If the ravens have had Romo for last 6 years and cowboys had flacco, as a fan, would you rather have flacco as your qb. I would think that is too close to call and I can't positively say the team would get better to make that switch.

How is it that Romo, who not only has one single playoff win to his name, much less the fact he doesn't even GET to the playoffs as often as the Ravens, is comparable to Flacco?

The fact this thread exists two days before one QB is prepping for his 5th year in the playoffs where he has at least one win per year, and the other QB will be watching from his couch AGAIN, is really disheartening.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Someone should just QUIT while they are WAY behind!!!!

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaRaven View Post
    This is how I view quarterbacks: great ones can single handedly carry a team while really good ones can do their part on offense. Flacco is a really good quarterback but not great. He wasn't the reason we lost to the Patriots but wasn't able to just carry us. Great quarterbacks are HOF players. Those guys don't come around often. Good quarterbacks can win Super Bowls so I'm happy with Flacco. Romo, on the other hand, shows flashes of bad, great, good from week to week.
    If a QB could truly carry his team by himself, Joe was doing it in the Pats game last year. That was probably his all time best performance. He put us in position to win the game.

But as we saw, there's really no way a QB can truly carry the team by himself. He put the ball in Lee Evans hands in the endzone, but Lee drops it. The only argument you could make would be "well shouldn't he have found a way to win it on the next play?"...except there's a reason the team you are playing against made it to the AFC Championship.

What I would say about elite vs good QBs....elite QBs can make a team work with almost ANY cast of characters. Good QBs can make it work, provided they put all the pieces in place. Case in point is how, when Peyton Manning goes on IR, the Colts go from perennial contenders to 1-15. Peyton was good enough to make average players look like better players. He made a bad OL look decent. He made average WRs put up near Pro Bowl numbers.

I would agree that Joe, to me, is a good QB. If you give him a bad OL, he can't mask that. If you give him average WRs, he's going to struggle to get the ball to them. If you give him no running game to take the heat off him, he won't be able to shake the extra coverages. But, if you build a solid team around him, he'll get you far enough for the rest of the team to carry it onwards.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

11. Re: Our boy Pretty Flacco or Tony Romo?

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNest View Post
    I guess I'm not the only one who thinks like a child.

http://endzonereport.net/2012/05/12/...n-be-a-debate/
    Did you look at the date of that article?
    May of last year.

Before this season began.
    Before Romo choked.
    AGAIN.

Like to see what Romo's stats would be with Cam as his OC.
    With Pitta, Torrey, and Boldin instead of Whitten (HoF), Bryant & Austin.
    Going up against the AFC North 5 games a season, none of them in a dome.
    I'll even spot Romo, Ray Rice so he has one of the best safety valves in the league.
    As for the O-Lines, meh probably a wash between us and the 'Boys.

I don't' know if I can really blame Garrett because he has no real authority. The Cowboys organization reminds me of the Al Davis Raiders.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2