Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Mike Carey (w Hochuili Bonus) to Ref Our Game

The refs are scored for every game and the refs with the highest scores for the regular season are awarded playoff games and hence bonuses that go along with doing the extra game.

Winter's crew had at least two horrendous games this year that may have cost teams a win. I'm sure his crew scored low.

If I recall correctly...in other big Ravens games ref'd by Carey's crew, they have more-or-less left the flags in their pockets...hope that holds true on Sunday. Let the players decide the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    So did BJ Ward, although his "touching" was not as clear.
    Was that the other guy who got ejected that day? If so, I remember pretty clearly on replay the announcers noticed that he was thrown out by mistake and that it was actually Ed Reed that that bumped the official that time.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    If I recall correctly...in other big Ravens games ref'd by Carey's crew, they have more-or-less left the flags in their pockets...hope that holds true on Sunday. Let the players decide the outcome.
    Only threw 2 flags in our playoff game at KC.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Only threw 2 flags in our playoff game at KC.
    Yes, I was going to bring this up. Some groaned when we saw it was his crew who was getting this game, but nobody was groaning afterwards. He called a good game and is a consistently good official.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I don't care how bad the calls were (and they were not bad calls)
    That's your opinion but I disagree.

As for Suggs, you are right you don't touch the ref for any reason but at that point Carey had let the game get out of control and made it real personal.

The calls at one point were so lopsided that once the game was decided they started making calls against the Lions to make up for the discrepancy.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Yes, I was going to bring this up. Some groaned when we saw it was his crew who was getting this game, but nobody was groaning afterwards. He called a good game and is a consistently good official.
    He learned. He called the 2006 game against the Chargers which was his first Ravens game since the debacle in Detroit. He was fair and impartial which is the way he usually is.

He had a very bad day in 2005 but has since made up for it and then some.

Some posters on this board (not you) don't believe that there can be two sides to a story but that's there problem.

Blog Entries

Good coaching staffs will scout the officials and their tendencies and use it to their advantage as possible.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Good coaching staffs will scout the officials and their tendencies and use it to their advantage as possible.
    Carey will be fine on Sunday.

And let's hope we get someone like Gene Steratore for our trip to New England the following week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    And let's hope we get someone like Gene Steratore for our trip to New England the following week.
    Gene is good. It won't matter, New England will beat us with or without him ... but I do like his officiating.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Gene is good. It won't matter, New England will beat us with or without him ... but I do like his officiating.
    Great attitude. :grbac:

Quote Originally Posted by Rochardrik View Post
    Mike Carey practices his calls at home in a tutu in front of a full length mirror with a choreographer at his side critiquing his style!

Mike Carey loves to add that extra ooomph to his signals alright

He's wasted in the NFL, should be in Broadway musicals