Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Mike Carey (w Hochuili Bonus) to Ref Our Game

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    Didn't Carey screw up the call last week in the Vikings game when McCarthy threw the challange flag on a automatically reviewed play and didn't get penalized for it?
    He said the review process had already begun. He may have interpreted the rule correctly.

The bigger mystery is why the league didn't change that rule on the Tuesday following the Lions fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Seriously?

Carey should have been fired immediately after the blatantly biased Ravens-Lions game. I've never seen another NFL ref make a "malice in the heart" comment ... and then get away with it. 'd rather see replacement refs trhan Carey.
    Carey was almost as bad in that game as the Ravens were. But I've watched him the past couple years, and I think he's one of the better officials in the league. And I hope Winter never, ever does an important game again.

Carey should have been fired immediately after the blatantly biased Ravens-Lions game. I've never seen another NFL ref make a "malice in the heart" comment ... and then get away with it. 'd rather see replacement refs trhan Carey.
    I see. We're now judging the quality of referee based on their comments immediately after being touched by another player?

I'm more interested in his opinion that Carey's subsequent 7 years of exemplary officiating, including several totally controversy free Ravens games, are outweighed by a single line of spoken word in the after math of one of our players violating one of sport's most important taboos.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    I'm more interested in his opinion that Carey's subsequent 7 years of exemplary officiating, including several totally controversy free Ravens games, are outweighed by a single line of spoken word in the after math of one of our players violating one of sport's most important taboos.
    This.

Carey is one of the better refs in the league. So his explaination 7 years ago for a penalty was stupid. Get over it. Suggs broke the biggest taboo in sports. He touched the ref. Automatic ejection every time...
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    This.

Carey is one of the better refs in the league. So his explaination 7 years ago for a penalty was stupid. Get over it. Suggs broke the biggest taboo in sports. He touched the ref. Automatic ejection every time...
    So did BJ Ward, although his "touching" was not as clear.

Blog Entries

Seriously?

I'm glad to se Hochili involved, but wary of Carey's involvement. Hopefully a bad call or two won't tilt the game towards the Colts. Need a blowout win to silence Carey.
    I don't care what the comment was. You can't ever touch a ref as a player.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Despite that bad day Carey is one of the better refs.

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    If that site is correct, then Ron Winter isn't on any of the playoff crews.
    Not even as an alternate.
    Not this week, but he may be next week. Next week's games will be different crews with different top dogs.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    Let me get this straight... you have no problem with a professional NFL Head Referee citing the reason for a player's ejection as "came at me with malice in his heart."

It sounds like a joke and it was. Sure throw him out but don't add all the drama and theatrics. Mike Carey loves to put on a show every time he turns on his mic.
    Mike Carey practices his calls at home in a tutu in front of a full length mirror with a choreographer at his side critiquing his style!

Quote Originally Posted by downside52 View Post
    The one I was really worried about was Carl Cheffers (not sure if i spelled that right).
    I'm not a particular fan of Carey but I agree about Cheffers. It could be much worse. Cheffers crew is the crew that did the Giants game a couple weeks ago, correct? That was one of the poorest officiated games I've seen in a while. There was at least a half dozen bad to terrible calls made in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochardrik View Post
    Mike Carey practices his calls at home in a tutu in front of a full length mirror with a choreographer at his side critiquing his style!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Rochardrik View Post
    I don't care as long as he gets the calls right.