Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Re: Mike Carey (w Hochuili Bonus) to Ref Our Game

Instant replay results should over ride a blown whistle. The final result should be based on instant replay resulting in what really happened. Refs blowing the whistle early because they think they are right is affecting the game. Remember steeler/dolphins game(Br fumbles, dolphin players has ball in his hands. Refs say its steeler recovery) Instant replay is there for a reason. Viewing all angles in slow time has been good for the game. Refs blew that call, J jones touchdown several weeks ago, and Reeds fumble recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Seriously?

Carey should have been fired immediately after the blatantly biased Ravens-Lions game. I've never seen another NFL ref make a "malice in the heart" comment ... and then get away with it. I'd rather see replacement refs than Carey.

I'm glad to see Hochili involved, but wary of Carey's involvement. Hopefully a bad call or two won't tilt the game towards the Colts. Need a blowout win to silence Carey.
    I told you so!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Article 3 A player of the kicking team, who has been out of bounds, may not touch or recover a scrimmage kick beyond the line of scrimmage until it has been touched by a kicking team player who has not been out of bounds, or until it has been touched by a player of the receiving team beyond the line.
    Note: If a player touches or recovers the ball before he has re-established himself inbounds, the ball is out of bounds at the spot of the touch, and there is no foul.
    Penalty: For illegal touching of a scrimmage kick: Loss of five yards. If the illegal touching is inside the receiver’s five-yard line, in addition to the other specified options, the receiving team may elect to take a touchback.
    Thanks. I could have sworn there was a stipulation for when the player was pushed out of bounds like Reed was.

Quote Originally Posted by KidSampson View Post
    Thanks. I could have sworn there was a stipulation for when the player was pushed out of bounds like Reed was.
    Actually, if a player is pushed out of bounds and doesn't try to get back in bounds ASAP it's a penalty whether they touch the ball or not! It's also a penalty if they go out on their own and then come back in.

Quote Originally Posted by grandraven View Post
    Refs won't matter game will leave no doubt we are for real.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2
    Truer words have rarely been typed.
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.