Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
What the hell?
The hell here is that you are incorrect on this one, with all due respect my friend. That is what the hell.

If there is a full collision, it is a forcible hit to the head. With the violence of that collision any part of his upper body hitting Wayne is going to be forcible.

You are arguing intention.

Intention doesn't matter.

When he launched into Wayne, his helmet hit Wayne's.
No. Wrong. The collision with his helmet came as Wayne's head reacted to his body being hit. Once again, that is outside of the rule AS IT IS STATED. Pollard did NOT "make forcible contact to the head or neck of the receiver" as I posted the rule from the NFL.

He also did not "launch" into Wayne. If he had launched into him, he would have put his head down or left the ground. THAT would have been a justifiable call.

He will in all likelyhood be fined and even Pollard knows it and said so to a reporter.
Pollard also said he believed the hit was legal. He isn't saying he agrees with the fine, nor did he or Reed agree with the flag.

Why do you constantly hear defensive players complaining about offensive guys lowering their heads when getting fined?

It's because the league made that rule so that none of that other "intent" or "mistake" stuff is taken into account and they completely remove the "judgemental" stuff out of the officials hands.

No defenseless receiver personal foul is a judgement call. Either the ref sees contact to the head or he doesn't. The only way the ref would have been wrong in this case is if no part of Pollard's body hit Wayne in the head.
Yes it is. In this instance it is ABSOLUTELY a judgment call, and there is nothing you can tell me or show me in the rule that I quoted from the official NFL Communications site to prove otherwise. In fact, if that play was reviewable, the penalty would have been taken back.

RIW, I understand the flags for when a player cracks another player with his helmet. Those are plays that result in concussions, and I get that. THIS PLAY was not that play. And the refs made a call based on how they FELT about the hit, and it was the wrong call.