Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Re: Mike Carey (w Hochuili Bonus) to Ref Our Game

Quote Originally Posted by RavenusMaximus View Post
    On NFL Network, they showed the video of the first fumble from a different angle than what CBS showed during the game, and proved that the refs got the call wrong. All of the commentators agreed.
    Yes, they did.

They also just showed it on Fox45, with an even different angle, and Yanda clearly recovered it. The Colts player never had possession.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    And folks are getting too hung up on the word forcible. It's been called time and time again. Helmet to helmet contact is always going to draw the flag.
    That it's called a certain way doesn't mean that's the way the rule is written.

And just got done watching the Rice fumble replay. Still don't see whee Yanda had possession other than after the play was dead.
    Nobody had possession when the play was dead. The officials blew the whistle without seeing the ball.

LOL .... Whatever.

I'm out of this one.
    So am I.

It's obvious to all objective observers.

The purple blinders are extremely thick in regards to that play...I shouldn't be surprised though with all the stupid conspiracy BS that gets thrown around here.

That exact hit has been called countless times over the last 3-4 seasons and will continue to be called.

Pollard will likely be getting a Fed Ex package in the Mail Thursday.

BTW...when there are bogus flags for those hits, the league doesn't fine guys. There are numerous instances of guys getting flagged in games, but not fined so I don't know what the hell you are talking about with the league not wanting to show some "inconsistency" or whatever.

So congrats on not being moved. I certainly have not been either and if you go outside of this board, nobody would share your opinion.

Period

Point blank
    Last edited by Raveninwoodlawn; 01-07-2013 at 12:50 AM.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

4. Re: Mike Carey (w Hochuili Bonus) to Ref Our Game

In regards to the helmet to helmet insanity:

Both of you are correct.
    The rule as WRITTEN states only forcible contact is to be flagged/fined.

Forcible means direct.
    Incidental means indirect.

However the NFL has recently CONSISTENTLY flagged & fined for INCIDENTAL contact too.
    Even though according to their own rule as it is written, they're not supposed to.

So, the NFL has chosen to ENFORCE the rule differently from how it was WRITTEN.

IMO, that is pure BS.
    These lawsuits have got them spooked bad.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    That it's called a certain way doesn't mean that's the way the rule is written.

Nobody had possession when the play was dead. The officials blew the whistle without seeing the ball.
    If that was the case, the ball should have gone to the last team to have possession. The Ravens.

If that was the case, the ball should have gone to the last team to have possession. The Ravens.
    Unfortunately, the Refs never saw Yanda having possession at the time the whistle blew. So, under the rules, they were correct to give the ball to Indiana. At that point, they actually applied the Rule correctly.

What they blew was not recognizing that the ball was still live and blowing whistle.

Not even close...#50 jumped on it. Yanda didn't come up with until after the play was dead.
    While that is true...I believe it is also true that the officials blew the play dead pre-maturely before the Colts has established possession of the fumble.

On NFL Network, they showed the video of the first fumble from a different angle than what CBS showed during the game, and proved that the refs got the call wrong. All of the commentators agreed.
    As did Mike Periara on Twitter (for whatever that is worth...).

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    It's the only view that shows what actually happened, and it also appears that no official had that view. If you watch, you'll see #50 fall on the ball and it immediately squirts out past the top of his helmet. That's when Yanda dives in and swallows it up. The commentary on TV (Phil Simms) pointed out that the Ravens recovered it, too, after looking at that view.

What I don't understand is why that isn't a reviewable play. At least that's what they seemed to say on TV.
    The play is not reviewable because they blew it dead once the Colt player landed on the ball. The intent of blowing the play dead is that once a player has clearly recovered the fumble, you don't want a bunch of opposing players piling on top of him and ripping the ball away from him in a scrum. The problem is that #50 never had clear possession.

It is not an exact comparison, but David Reed had possession in bounds of the Redskins kick-off return fumble about as long as #50 had possession of the ball on that play.

Bad call.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

*REST OF YOUR CONDESCENDING POST REMOVED*

So congrats on not being moved. I certainly have not been either and if you go outside of this board, nobody would share your opinion.

Period

Point blank
    Right, except the 70,000 people yelling bullshit in the stadium because they knew it was a bad call too.

You know, you want to be a jerk about this RIW, fine. It's what's happening in this forum on a constant basis now where if someone disagrees the other person has to be shitty about it. Fine. You feel like you are right about this, no problem. Be done. I don't care anymore.

FWIW, Harbaugh said the call on Pollard was correct:

@RavensInsider: John harbaugh said pollard need to lower his strike zone to avoid penalties said call was correct

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    FWIW, Harbaugh said the call on Pollard was correct:

@RavensInsider: John harbaugh said pollard need to lower his strike zone to avoid penalties said call was correct

harbaugh should pay Pollards fine that he just rubber stamped.

Does anyone know what happened with the downing of the punt by David Reed inside the 5 yard line? I know he went out of bounds before touching it. I thought the rule was that if you are pushed out, but make every effort to return in bounds you were allowed to touch it first. He was clearly pushed out in the replay I saw at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by KidSampson View Post
    Does anyone know what happened with the downing of the punt by David Reed inside the 5 yard line? I know he went out of bounds before touching it. I thought the rule was that if you are pushed out, but make every effort to return in bounds you were allowed to touch it first. He was clearly pushed out in the replay I saw at the game.
    Article 3 A player of the kicking team, who has been out of bounds, may not touch or recover a scrimmage kick beyond the line of scrimmage until it has been touched by a kicking team player who has not been out of bounds, or until it has been touched by a player of the receiving team beyond the line.
    Note: If a player touches or recovers the ball before he has re-established himself inbounds, the ball is out of bounds at the spot of the touch, and there is no foul.
    Penalty: For illegal touching of a scrimmage kick: Loss of five yards. If the illegal touching is inside the receiver’s five-yard line, in addition to the other specified options, the receiving team may elect to take a touchback.