Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Mike Carey (w Hochuili Bonus) to Ref Our Game

The one I was really worried about was Carl Cheffers (not sure if i spelled that right).

I see there are some posters who as usual take the contrarian view. As Maximus said the Ravens don't deserve to be defended but the refs including Mike Carey were beyond awful in that game. The call were Suggs went off was based on Sizzle being flipped on his head and being called for roughing the passer because his feet touched Joey Harrington in the chest. That was a joke. Kemo was called for unsportsmanlike conduct because of a gesture towards the fans when he was on the sideline on the bench. While the gesture was uncalled for, interaction between the players and fans goes on every week. The refs were looking to make an issue with the Ravens that day.

Put it this way the refs in the Giants game a few weeks ago were stellar compared to Carey and his crew that day. In fairness Mike and his crew have done a good job for the last several years.

I don't care how bad the calls were (and they were not bad calls), you don't touch the ref. Period.

Suggs only had himself to blame and even he said so afterwards.

Blog Entries

I'm glad we got Carey. I think he's one of the better refs. That whole Lions thing was ages ago when Billick was here. That's ancient history as far as I'm concerned.

What is the "hochuili bonus"?

Blog Entries

Is this the first time that they're mixing up the crews? I don't think these guys have ever worked together before...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Hmm,that list has changed since they put it up the other day.
    We had HL Derick Bowers and the Skins had Dana McKenzie but it looks like they switched them because of the run in McKenzie had with DeAngelo Hall earlier this year.

I would love to see the numbers on our Win - Loss record with Ron Winter's crew.

It seems any time we have his crew, our penalties go up and we lose!

9. Re: Mike Carey (w Hochuili Bonus) to Ref Our Game

If that site is correct, then Ron Winter isn't on any of the playoff crews.
    Not even as an alternate.

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    If that site is correct, then Ron Winter isn't on any of the playoff crews.
    Not even as an alternate.
    And people say refs are not held accountable.

Blog Entries

Didn't Carey screw up the call last week in the Vikings game when McCarthy threw the challange flag on a automatically reviewed play and didn't get penalized for it?
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I'm glad we got Carey. I think he's one of the better refs. That whole Lions thing was ages ago when Billick was here. That's ancient history as far as I'm concerned.
    Seriously?

Carey should have been fired immediately after the blatantly biased Ravens-Lions game. I've never seen another NFL ref make a "malice in the heart" comment ... and then get away with it. I'd rather see replacement refs than Carey.

I'm glad to see Hochili involved, but wary of Carey's involvement. Hopefully a bad call or two won't tilt the game towards the Colts. Need a blowout win to silence Carey.
    Last edited by Mista T; 01-04-2013 at 12:49 PM.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).