Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: I see Zibbi is the starting SS for the Colts

Vontae Davis isn't Corey Webster.
    We're going to need a different gameplan obviously, so hopefully Caldwell's had enough time to install routes that are designed to help our WRs get open--they do struggle against decent CBs when they run those isolation routes.
    I have a feeling our TEs are going to be one of the keys to our victory.

Blog Entries

Re: I see Zibbi is the starting SS for the Colts

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    They don't have Bob Sanders anymore. Whenever he was injured, they looked like a completely different (i.e. bad) defense.
    Nor do they have Gary Brackett.

They knew going into this season that it was going to be a rough transition defensively BECAUSE of them switching to a 3-4 without very many 3-4 components. This season has been total gravy for them.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    We're going to need a different gameplan obviously, so hopefully Caldwell's had enough time to install routes that are designed to help our WRs get open--they do struggle against decent CBs when they run those isolation routes.
    They do have Vontae Davis and I would imagine that he will be lined up on Torrey for most of the game. It is going to be up to Caldwell and Flacco to get Torrey the ball in space because Vontae is pretty damn good.

However, outside of Davis they have Darius Butler, Cassius Vaughn, and Teddy Williams. None of those guys are nearly as capable as Davis. So, I would hope that Boldin and Jacoby could take advantage of those mismatches as well.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    I have that same feeling, I'm looking for more TE/LB mis-matches then we've seen all year (or at least since the Raiders game).

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    If only it were that simple...history suggests otherwise. You know every time we're about to play the Colts, everyone talks about how bad their run defense is and miraculously, they stuff our backs.
    I suppose that's true. Last season they allowed 4.3 yards per attempt, but when we played them we got about 3.9. If you only count what Williams & Rice did, it was 3.5 yards per attempt (Leach and Torrey Smith had some rush attempts that upped our average by a great deal that game).

Zibbi is listed as questionable for Sunday

He hurt his knee in week 12 against Buffalo.
    Hasn't played since.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    These guys are gonna key in on the run and that's the Bottom Line, Stone Cold Steve Austin-style. Hopefully Boldin and Torrey can win one on one match ups with Vontae Davis and our TEs against guys like Zibbi.
    If out TE's can't beat Zibby, we are in big trouble.