Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. The media only makes me want this lombardi even more

As a ravens fan, we all understand how hard the last 4 postseasons have been. To have a taste of success, and then be heartbroken before getting to the big dance.

This year, I've probably felt different about this team than in previous years. Even after all of the injuries, the hard loses, and all of the scrutiny, I still have never wavered when I say this team is winning the Super Bowl. It won't be easy, but I really believe that this is our year.

I understand that we aren't the favorite to win it, and in some ways, I'm glad. But the respect, or better put the lack of it, that we've received by the media is getting to the point where I can't even watch ANY NFL coverage without getting irritated.

From Heath Evans saying we aren't even in the top 10 of the playoff teams remaining and constantly mocking us all year long, to Skip Brainless and whatever the hell goes on in his head thinking we're not even a threat, to Trey Wingo who I just turned on ESPN to see what they'd say about Ray Lewis and he no joke said "Ray Lewis will retire when the Ravens lose"...like he is that confident that this team will not win a championship. The list can go on and on.

I completely understand why the media would think a team like Denver is the favorite, and to be honest, I'm kind of nervous to play Peyton...period. But to completely say we have no chance is idiotic, especially considering the Baltimore Ravens are the only team to make the playoffs the last 5 years, and we've won atleast one game in each of the first 4.

I want this Super Bowl so bad, not only for the obvious perks of being a fan, but to watch all of the media members, left and right admit and say "I was wrong".

Re: The media only makes me want this lombardi even more

I think it's become pretty evident that they're picking with their hearts/what sells and not by logic. The media is jonesing for a Peyton vs. Brady matchup, and outside of those teams you've got the Chuckstrong thing, and the Houston Texans (although in a funk) were everyone's new hot team this year. Then you've got the RG3 and Russell Wilson frenzy on the other side.

It's almost like we're not even in the playoffs when you read an article about all the different matchups. Cincinnati isn't getting a lot of love and I think the Falcons are pretty under the radar for a 13-3 team.

Blog Entries

The national media plays to whoever gets the most ratings. See Tebow, Tim... It's really no surprise to me.

4. Re: The media only makes me want this lombardi even more

I remember even last year when we were playing Houston in the divisional round, I kept making the joke that there were only 3 games being played that weekend because I legit heard no coverage or talk about our game. I've never wanted something more than this championship this year for Ray, and to shut up these arrogant, idiotic media members.

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedPurple2127 View Post
    I remember even last year when we were playing Houston in the divisional round, I kept making the joke that there were only 3 games being played that weekend because I legit heard no coverage or talk about our game. I've never wanted something more than this championship this year for Ray, and to shut up these arrogant, idiotic media members.
    I was dissapointed that the Texans lost, as they are in a free-fall and I think we could've beaten them. Now, if we get by the Colts, we'll (most likely) have to win in Denver and then in New England. It'll be a tall order to do that, but anything is possible.

Eric Davis (NFLN) picked the Colts because he said that the Raven's defense looks tired. I guess he stopped watching after the middle of the season because the defense has looked much better lately.

6. Re: The media only makes me want this lombardi even more

I pay no attention to the media.
    I usually find out what they think of the Ravens and our players by reading your posts (lol)

So we're not getting any respect again?
    *yawn*
    What else is new?

7. Re: The media only makes me want this lombardi even more

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    I was dissapointed that the Texans lost, as they are in a free-fall and I think we could've beaten them. Now, if we get by the Colts, we'll (most likely) have to win in Denver and then in New England. It'll be a tall order to do that, but anything is possible.

Eric Davis (NFLN) picked the Colts because he said that the Raven's defense looks tired. I guess he stopped watching after the middle of the season because the defense has looked much better lately.
    Yup...exactly. I was extremely bummed that the Texans lost out on the 1 seed. I'm not saying playing the Colts and Texans in the first 2 rounds would be a cake walk, but I'd much rather play Houston than have to beat (most likely) Brady and Peyton to get to New Orleans. Maybe we'll get lucky and Cincy will pull 2 upsets, we'll take care of our own business and we can have one more home game for Ray to send us to the big one.

Nobody knows for sure what is going to happen in the playoffs. Nobody.

You can bank on the fact that the NFL will do everything in their power, short of fixing it, to ensure Brady vs. Manning in the AFC Championship. Just beware. If we are playing in Denver and the game is close you are going to see some ticky tack penalties against the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post

That's funny. I saw a stat that said Raven D was 4th in the league over the last 6 weeks (yards per game). That would be the opposite of tired Mr. Davis.

Meh. The Patriots and the Broncos should be heavy favorites to make the AFC Championship. They have played the best football down the stretch by far. That being said, It is crazy to count out this Ravens team in any game in any stadium. The Ravens won't overlook anybody and they won't be scared of anybody. If they lose, it will be because they hit somebody in the mouth and somebody hit back harder.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedPurple2127 View Post
    I want this Super Bowl so bad, not only for the obvious perks of being a fan, but to watch all of the media members, left and right admit and say "I was wrong".
    As the saying goes, don't hold your breath.

Even if the Ravens win the Super Bowl--and IMHO they have as much chance of getting hot at the right time as anyone else in the dance--those fuckheads will never admit they were wrong. They'll cherry-pick a handful of plays & whine about how lucky our guys were. They'll moan about how lucky they were that this team or that team lost before they got to play them, because they surely would've kicked the shit out of them. They'll moan about how this or that media darling had an uncharacteristically terrible day against them. They'll whine that the Ravens played way over their heads to get Ray a ring in his last hurrah. Anything to avoid giving them any credit whatsoever.

Jeebus cripes, remember what happened in 2001? Baltimore came into the Super Bowl with all the screaming heads spewing hatred for Ray & Billick & Modell & sneering that the Giants (who had stomped a fairly decent Vikings team 41-0 in the NFCCG) would demolish the upstart Crows. And when the smoke cleared & the dust settled & the New Yorkers came within 1 lousy KOR from being the first team to be shut out in a Super Bowl, the response was--stunned silence. They acted like they'd just watched their grandma get mugged. Check out the SI coverage: "Baltimore Bullies." "Birds of prey." Whatever respect the Ravens got was you-don't-wanna-mess-with-these-thugs negative.

I'm with you in wanting to see the Ravens take the Lombardi, but I'm under no illusions that it'll get them any respect or apologies from the media mouths. It would be enough for me if Ray Lewis got up on the podium, grabbed the hardware, shook it in the media's collective face & told them to shove this up their collective ass as he walked away from the game. (Not that he would--#52 would say something polite like "We always believed in ourselves even when none of you did"--but a guy can always dream...)
    Last edited by lobachevsky; 01-03-2013 at 07:56 AM. Reason: A few minor things that don't change the thrust of the post