Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: The media only makes me want this lombardi even more

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedPurple2127 View Post
    I'm not talking about this week. We obviously deserve to be the favorites for this one, and even the people in the media who hate us aren't that stupid to pick against us in this game.

But it's the people in the media who give us not even a slither of a chance past this round. If I was a fan of any other team, I probably would pick the Broncos as the favorites too...but with our history, Ray coming back, and how well this team plays when everything is clicking, you really can't count this team out.
    Their job is to pick winners. It's not about a team being competitive or covering a spread. It's which team will win, Ravens or Broncos? Ravens or Patriots? Picking the Broncos or Patriots doesn't mean the Ravens have no chance. It means that they think the Broncos or Patriots at home will beat the Ravens even if it's triple overtime and by 1 point.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    As the saying goes, don't hold your breath.

Even if the Ravens win the Super Bowl--and IMHO they have as much chance of getting hot at the right time as anyone else in the dance--those fuckheads will never admit they were wrong. They'll cherry-pick a handful of plays & whine about how lucky our guys were. They'll moan about how lucky they were that this team or that team lost before they got to play them, because they surely would've kicked the shit out of them. They'll moan about how this or that media darling had an uncharacteristically terrible day against them. They'll whine that the Ravens played way over their heads to get Ray a ring in his last hurrah. Anything to avoid giving them any credit whatsoever.

Jeebus cripes, remember what happened in 2001? Baltimore came into the Super Bowl with all the screaming heads spewing hatred for Ray & Billick & Modell & sneering that the Giants (who had stomped a fairly decent Vikings team 41-0 in the NFCCG) would demolish the upstart Crows. And when the smoke cleared & the dust settled & the New Yorkers came within 1 lousy KOR from being the first team to be shut out in a Super Bowl, the response was--stunned silence. They acted like they'd just watched their grandma get mugged. Check out the SI coverage: "Baltimore Bullies." "Birds of prey." Whatever respect the Ravens got was you-don't-wanna-mess-with-these-thugs negative.

I'm with you in wanting to see the Ravens take the Lombardi, but I'm under no illusions that it'll get them any respect or apologies from the media mouths. It would be enough for me if Ray Lewis got up on the podium, grabbed the hardware, shook it in the media's collective face & told them to shove this up their collective ass as he walked away from the game. (Not that he would--#52 would say something polite like "We always believed in ourselves even when none of you did"--but a guy can always dream...)
    this shit right here is inspiring.

3. Re: The media only makes me want this lombardi even more

Heath Evans is a Raven Hater and a TOOL! I'm so sick of seeing this horse face pompous arse and his hating on Flacco and the Ravens. He still hasn't gotten over the Ravens not signing him years ago(at least that's what I was told). All this Raven hate only fuels our anger and I hope it fuels Ray Ray and the Ravens anger too! We be head hunting on Sunday

Brian Baldinger is a decent analyst and goes with what he thinks, not constantly for the big market teams

Former offensive lineman with the injuries to prove it

I like him

And yes, Heath Evans is a tool

amazing how quiet they all are after we smoked the Colts, guess they're all just mad because they have to toss their pre-written Andrew Luck fairytale stories in the bin!

GO RAVENS
    "Flacco stepping up and throwing deep down the far sideline... CAUGHT!!! Into the endzone, TOUCHDOWN JACOBY JONES!!!!!"

Blog Entries
    Nothing about flacco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Re: The media only makes me want this lombardi even more

At halftime they kept saying Flacco needed to step up even though it was really the O-line/receivers who needed to step up.

After the game, they made excuses for Luck even though he missed quite a few throws. And his receivers were often wide open over the deep middle of the field and also the flats.
    There are people who probably think Luck had an OK game because he got a lot of yards late in the game during garbage time.

Rice fumbles twice and Flacco needs to step up. This is the mentality we are dealing with. In some people's eyes joe can do nothing good ever.

He had a good game. He hit Pitta and Boldin when he needed to. Would have had 40 to 60 more yds if Doss could have held on to the ball. Some of those drops were on Joe, but not all of them.

Guys on Nfl scoreboard have already announced houston and Ravens do not have a chance next week. Sure hope their wrong, talking head need to be replaced when the predictions they make a week before the game turn out to be wrong. Ravens play smart next week and they win. As usual, turnovers and one demensional offense will bring a loss. Would like for Flacco to try long passes crossing the fiel that aren't hail mary passes. Hitting a receiver in stride would silence all the haters( OK, they say it isn't hate. just something close to it).LOL

Blog Entries

Beat the Broncos in Denver and you'll get that respect.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Guys on Nfl scoreboard have already announced Houston and Ravens do not have a chance next week. S
    Not surprised. We got smoked by Denver in our house. And now we're going to their place. Adding that Manning is to us what kryptonite is to Superman..

Any given Sunday though, any given Sunday (or, in our case, any given Saturday). No time like the present to get that gargantuan monkey off our backs.
    Lady Raven (aka Slinky)

*the poster formerly known as Raven31

Save The Last Dance (1/6/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzZbWHjyqJY

Mile High Miracle (1/12/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21ugOF34jhA

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreravengirl View Post
    Not surprised. We got smoked by Denver in our house. And now we're going to their place. Adding that Manning is to us what kryptonite is to Superman..

Any given Sunday though, any given Sunday (or, in our case, any given Saturday). No time like the present to get that gargantuan monkey off our backs.
    what gives me hope is that we always play peyton hard and he is a known playoff choker