Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 144
  1. #91

    Re: Ray Lewis to Retire (Merged)



    I thought I was a Ravens fan. I mean, I have the PSLs, go to all of the games, and spend a lot of my disposable income being a Ravens fan. But when Ray Lewis walks out of that tunnel on Sunday I will be a Ray Lewis fan first and foremost. What a phenomenal player who has led us to victory so many times that most of us can't even count them. There is no doubt in my mind that he will lead us once again to victory against the team from Indy.




  2. #92
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Ray Lewis to Retire (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Deion is going on record saying that Ray Lewis will re-assess in the offseason and IF Ray feels Ravens are close to SB, would likely come back, ala Brett Favre.

    In my opinion, Deion Sanders always claims he "knows" Ray and the Ravens...but is usually VERY far form the truth.

    I don't buy it. I just can't see Ray pulling a Brett Favre. He's too strong in his convictions to make this announcement and then go back on it.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...





  3. #93
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    13,099
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ray Lewis to Retire (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I don't buy it. I just can't see Ray pulling a Brett Favre. He's too strong in his convictions to make this announcement and then go back on it.
    I think it gives Deion material to tee up on the Ravens, claiming that we're far from the SB without Lewis.

    I just get tired of his song and dance.
    .
    .
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.


    Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!




  4. #94

    Re: Ray Lewis to Retire (Merged)

    'God is calling,'' the 37-year-old Lewis said. ''My children have made the ultimate sacrifice for their father for 17 years. I don't want to see them do that no more. I've done what I wanted to do in this business, and now it's my turn to give them something back.

    Would rather he leave out his "calling by God" to now be a father to his 6 children from 4 different woman and just let us celebrate what he was as a player on the field.

    Probably an unpopular thing to say and his personal life is none of my business, but just irritates me when he makes everything out to be so inspired by God




  5. #95
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,745

    Re: Ray Lewis to Retire (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by ravensscott57 View Post
    'God is calling,'' the 37-year-old Lewis said. ''My children have made the ultimate sacrifice for their father for 17 years. I don't want to see them do that no more. I've done what I wanted to do in this business, and now it's my turn to give them something back.

    Would rather he leave out his "calling by God" to now be a father to his 6 children from 4 different woman and just let us celebrate what he was as a player on the field.

    Probably an unpopular thing to say and his personal life is none of my business, but just irritates me when he makes everything out to be so inspired by God
    Because it is to him. Just because it may not be to you (And not everything is to me either) doesn't mean someone who is inspired and voices it should be criticized.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  6. #96
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,531

    Re: Ray Lewis to Retire (Merged)

    Lets leave out the religious stuff from the main football area, folks.

    If you wish to discuss that side of the coin regarding Ray, feel free to do so in the Politics / Off Topic area of the forum.

    Thanks everyone!
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  7. #97
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    10,130
    Blog Entries
    4
    I don't buy Deion's bs. Ray has said that what he says he's done that he's done and not pulling a favre.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk




  8. #98
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6,168
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Ray Lewis to Retire (Merged)

    The slogan should be "Last ride to Lewisiana"




  9. #99
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,425
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ray Lewis to Retire (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Lets leave out the religious stuff from the main football area, folks.

    If you wish to discuss that side of the coin regarding Ray, feel free to do so in the Politics / Off Topic area of the forum.

    Thanks everyone!
    That means we can stop talking about Deion right now too, right?




  10. #100
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,531

    Re: Ray Lewis to Retire (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    That means we can stop talking about Deion right now too, right?
    Ha! Well played, Sir.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  11. #101
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,256

    Re: Ray Lewis to Retire (Merged)

    I was out all day in Ellicott City at my mom's antique shop. You can imagine my horror when I came back to learn this. Heart officially broken. Not entirely surprised, but heartbroken still.

    Because I'm late to the party, I assume we've already discussed Deion's take on things? That is, that Ray is going because he looks around the locker room and doesn't see the pieces to win a championship? (Based on HR's and Ravenboy's quotes above, I take it as, yes, this has been discussed ad nauseum already ...)




  12. #102

    Re: Ray Lewis to Retire (Merged)

    Understood HoustonRaven, and respect that. I wasn't starting a religious discussion, just commenting on a retirement quote that Ray Lewis made today, and in light of the earlier post that said that 10 years from now he will be known as the savior of Baltimore. No doubt Ray is a hero on the field one of the greatest players to ever step on the field, but personally I don't think its wrong to question the "hero status" of someone who is in the 10 ten of Bleachereport.com's 20 Biggest Illegitimate Fathers in Sports. Just my opinion and obviously not one that is popular so agreed to move on.




  13. #103
    I hope they introduce the d separately and they go black jerseys and black pants. It's def a special game




  14. #104
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6,168
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Ray Lewis to Retire (Merged)

    Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    ...Because I'm late to the party, I assume we've already discussed Deion's take on things? That is, that Ray is going because he looks around the locker room and doesn't see the pieces to win a championship? (Based on HR's and Ravenboy's quotes above, I take it as, yes, this has been discussed ad nauseum already ...)
    The locker room has had the same "stars" for the past 3-4 seasons basically.

    If Ray felt that way he would have retired a few seasons back. Not much changed this year, besides JJ leaving.

    If Ray feels that way that he doesn't respect Suggs or Ngata or Reed on D, and his little buddy Rice on O (not too mention Flacco, Torrey, Q, etc.).

    I highly doubt that is the case.

    Sanders just wants attention.




  15. #105
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Detroit Michigan
    Posts
    1,908
    Quote Originally Posted by ravensscott57 View Post
    Understood HoustonRaven, and respect that. I wasn't starting a religious discussion, just commenting on a retirement quote that Ray Lewis made today, and in light of the earlier post that said that 10 years from now he will be known as the savior of Baltimore. No doubt Ray is a hero on the field one of the greatest players to ever step on the field, but personally I don't think its wrong to question the "hero status" of someone who is in the 10 ten of Bleachereport.com's 20 Biggest Illegitimate Fathers in Sports. Just my opinion and obviously not one that is popular so agreed to move on.
    Dude, You can't expect a legitimate conversation to come from citing Bleacher Report.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

    –Eleanor Roosevelt




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland