Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: WNST Reports Ray Lewis Will Retire After 2012 Season

Knew it was coming, EXPECTED it, and still it's a shock!

I think I actually feel bad for the Colts now, poor Luck and Co won't even manage 6 points now. The last time he will step onto that field as a player. The stands and the defense are gonna go balls to the wall all 60 minutes.

Blog Entries

I think the saddest part of all is knowing that Ray is probably not going into coaching. He wants to watch his kids grow up, and then he seems more destined for ministry. So this is the last time you'll really see him coaching up players. Because the legacy of Ray Lewis is really two parts....Ray Lewis the player, and Ray Lewis the leader. I think both of them are moving on, and that's pretty sad. Ray Lewis as a player alone, hasn't been as meaningful in the last few years, but Ray Lewis the leader has been remarkable to watch.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

I hope the timing of this announcement gets the team so fired up that they are laser focused. They have to do everything possible to win another one for Ray.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

It is going to be VERY weird not seeing #52 out on the field next year. Very weird. I've been watching that guy play since I was 14 years old and he has been one of my favorite players since then.

Without a doubt THE best linebacker to play the game and, IMO, one of the top 5 greatest players (regardless of position) to play the game.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I think the saddest part of all is knowing that Ray is probably not going into coaching. He wants to watch his kids grow up, and then he seems more destined for ministry.
    I would visit his church in a heartbeat! I actually think the ministry is his REAL calling.

I'll be watching this a few times tonight

Re: Ray Lewis to retire.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Video of the announcement, via WNST .....

Damn.......

Blog Entries

I think the saddest part of all is knowing that Ray is probably not going into coaching. He wants to watch his kids grow up, and then he seems more destined for ministry. So this is the last time you'll really see him coaching up players. Because the legacy of Ray Lewis is really two parts....Ray Lewis the player, and Ray Lewis the leader. I think both of them are moving on, and that's pretty sad. Ray Lewis as a player alone, hasn't been as meaningful in the last few years, but Ray Lewis the leader has been remarkable to watch.
    Ray is a natural for that path. He could do a lot of good and help many people as a minister.

Barring a Ravens-Bengals AFC Championship matchup,Ray's final appearance at home on Sunday will be one of the greatest moments in the history of Baltimore sports. I have been around for a long time and have witnessed some amazing moments here in Baltimore. It will be a privilege and a pleasure to be in my seat at M&T when Ray does his final dance. The emotion will be powerful,to say the least. I can only hope that all of the fans realize how fortunate they have been to have seen one of the greatest players in the history of the NFL. Thank you Ray Lewis. Thank you for bringing championship football back to Baltimore.

Agreed.

I think fans like to think he will be a coach as a means to keep him around but the writing is on the wall. He's not going to give up the speaking gigs, TV, commercial, spokesperson opportunities, being with his kids, etc for the 17-20 hour a day grind of coaching.

Blog Entries

Re: Ray Lewis to Retire (Merged)

From what I heard, a Ravens staff member expects Ray to stick around in Baltimore. What that means, I don't know...

I don't see him being a coach though.

Blog Entries

Re: Ray Lewis to Retire (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    From what I heard, a Ravens staff member expects Ray to stick around in Baltimore. What that means, I don't know...

I don't see him being a coach though.
    He could be Mayor. He'd win 100% of the vote.