Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Re: Ray Lewis to Retire (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by ravensscott57 View Post
    Understood HoustonRaven, and respect that. I wasn't starting a religious discussion, just commenting on a retirement quote that Ray Lewis made today, and in light of the earlier post that said that 10 years from now he will be known as the savior of Baltimore. No doubt Ray is a hero on the field one of the greatest players to ever step on the field, but personally I don't think its wrong to question the "hero status" of someone who is in the 10 ten of Bleachereport.com's 20 Biggest Illegitimate Fathers in Sports. Just my opinion and obviously not one that is popular so agreed to move on.
    I certainly support your right to voice this opinion.

I however prefer to look at the entire situation. Ray is far from a saint and he's the first to tell you that. He's made his mistakes as we all have. Ray has lived a flawed life as we all have. But where Ray separates himself from 99% of the rest of the population is atonement.

By all accounts, Ray takes care of his kids. How many other athletes who have fathered numerous kids with multiple women can say that? He's walking away from the game he loves to take care of the very family to which you seem to suggest he does not care about.

So I suppose you can sit there and look at his family situation without all the facts. Me, I prefer to look at the entire picture.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I certainly support your right to voice this opinion.

I however prefer to look at the entire situation. Ray is far from a saint and he's the first to tell you that. He's made his mistakes as we all have. Ray has lived a flawed life as we all have. But where Ray separates himself from 99% of the rest of the population is atonement.

By all accounts, Ray takes care of his kids. How many other athletes who have fathered numerous kids with multiple women can say that? He's walking away from the game he loves to take care of the very family to which you seem to suggest he does not care about.

So I suppose you can sit there and look at his family situation without all the facts. Me, I prefer to look at the entire picture.

Well said Houston.. just because you are a legitimate father doesn't make you a dad - I have a couple of step children that will tell you that. Anyway it isn't for me to judge. We all make our own beds...

3. Re: Ray Lewis to Retire (Merged)

Illegitimate father?
    In this day and age that actually still matters?

What matters is that he has taken responsibility for his children and he has been a father to them.

What also matters is that he isn't Calvin Murphy

Blog Entries

I hope the Ravens give Ray Lewis and Ed Reed the Lombardi that they ought to have received last year. If Lee Evans holds on to that ball, I have no doubt that the Ravens would have won the SB and RL and ER would have ridden to the sunset afterwards. That was the right script. It can still happen.

Re: WNST Reports Ray Lewis Will Retire After 2012 Season

I only hope his physical condition allows him to play reasonably well. Would be horrible if he embarrassed himself.

Well he will have VERY FRESH legs... That is always dangerous.

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Because I'm late to the party, I assume we've already discussed Deion's take on things? That is, that Ray is going because he looks around the locker room and doesn't see the pieces to win a championship? (Based on HR's and Ravenboy's quotes above, I take it as, yes, this has been discussed ad nauseum already ...)
    Deion's take at first was that Ray was doing this because this locker room was not very emotional for the playoffs, and needed "a spark". Then, he elaborated by saying he didn't think Ray was truly done, that he thinks "the competitive juices" in him will start flowing in the offseason when he's healthy.

I posted it just to give that take. I do not believe it at all, neither do I think ANYONE should. Ray Lewis is the man who gave the "what would you give for the man next to you?" speech a year or two ago. If we needed an inspirational spark, he could've done it without retirement. And it was known that he wanted to be on the sidelines for his son's games in college. Playing for the U, his alma mater...it was pretty clear playing in the NFL would conflict with that. Even signing with the Dolphins, that would still leave him with 8 weeks of conflicts for their away games...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

The end of an era in Baltimore. It would be so sweet to send him off with another Lombardi.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    That means we can stop talking about Deion right now too, right? :hammer:
    Ray Lewis > deion sa##ers, can't believe that guy can say much of anything about whats going on in the locker room. His statement makes him= mike pr#ston. Wonder why mp didn't have first hand knowledge and report it? Sorry to bring those two names up with one the greatest Lb announcing his retirement. Doubt any colts can hear anything within 6" of their ears on sunday. Luck will definitely have to come up with a better signal to hike the ball. Have to keep count on the amount of illegal motiom on the colt offense.

Blog Entries
    With Ray at LB, 8 defensive coordinators have gone on to be head coaches. I don't think that's a coincidence

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    With Ray at LB, 8 defensive coordinators have gone on to be head coaches. I don't think that's a coincidence
    4 DC's and 4 assistants. Not only did he make players around him better, he made coaches better too.

Been away from media all day so I was totally floored when I turned on the TV and saw/heard the news. Damn, I knew it was possible this might happen, but, still it hit like a sledgehammer. Man, Ray, #52 won't be on the field next season. Wow...still hard to believe. So many memories. M&T will be rocking on Sunday.

Go Ravens...Go Ray Lewis.