Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ray Lewis to Retire (Merged)

LT might have struck fear into QB's, but Ray Lewis struck fear into any player that touched the ball and influenced the whole field, not to mention his leadership. From a games aspect Ray disrupted the entire field LT wreaked havoc when OT's still played with their hands on the ground. Go vote for Ray at the bottom of the espn page.*http://espn.go.com/

Blog Entries

Knew it was coming and it is indeed time for him to move on, but it definitely sucks to finally hear him say it. Just thinking about how a few weeks ago my dad and I were considering not picking up the playoff tickets because money has been tight. Those tickets are now priceless. It will be quite the experience to be there Sunday, to say the least.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Deion is going on record saying that Ray Lewis will re-assess in the offseason and IF Ray feels Ravens are close to SB, would likely come back, ala Brett Favre.

In my opinion, Deion Sanders always claims he "knows" Ray and the Ravens...but is usually VERY far form the truth.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Re: Ray Lewis to retire.

Somewhat like a close relative with a terminal illness - you know the end is coming, but you keep hoping against hope that the end never comes.

Thanks for the memories Ray. Here is hoping you end up holding the Lombardi again!

Make sure we appreciate his last game. 20 years from we will talk of him as the savior of Baltimore football, like a folk hero.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

I thought I was a Ravens fan. I mean, I have the PSLs, go to all of the games, and spend a lot of my disposable income being a Ravens fan. But when Ray Lewis walks out of that tunnel on Sunday I will be a Ray Lewis fan first and foremost. What a phenomenal player who has led us to victory so many times that most of us can't even count them. There is no doubt in my mind that he will lead us once again to victory against the team from Indy.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Deion is going on record saying that Ray Lewis will re-assess in the offseason and IF Ray feels Ravens are close to SB, would likely come back, ala Brett Favre.

In my opinion, Deion Sanders always claims he "knows" Ray and the Ravens...but is usually VERY far form the truth.

I don't buy it. I just can't see Ray pulling a Brett Favre. He's too strong in his convictions to make this announcement and then go back on it.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I don't buy it. I just can't see Ray pulling a Brett Favre. He's too strong in his convictions to make this announcement and then go back on it.
    I think it gives Deion material to tee up on the Ravens, claiming that we're far from the SB without Lewis.

I just get tired of his song and dance.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

'God is calling,'' the 37-year-old Lewis said. ''My children have made the ultimate sacrifice for their father for 17 years. I don't want to see them do that no more. I've done what I wanted to do in this business, and now it's my turn to give them something back.

Would rather he leave out his "calling by God" to now be a father to his 6 children from 4 different woman and just let us celebrate what he was as a player on the field.

Probably an unpopular thing to say and his personal life is none of my business, but just irritates me when he makes everything out to be so inspired by God

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensscott57 View Post
    'God is calling,'' the 37-year-old Lewis said. ''My children have made the ultimate sacrifice for their father for 17 years. I don't want to see them do that no more. I've done what I wanted to do in this business, and now it's my turn to give them something back.

Would rather he leave out his "calling by God" to now be a father to his 6 children from 4 different woman and just let us celebrate what he was as a player on the field.

Probably an unpopular thing to say and his personal life is none of my business, but just irritates me when he makes everything out to be so inspired by God
    Because it is to him. Just because it may not be to you (And not everything is to me either) doesn't mean someone who is inspired and voices it should be criticized.

Lets leave out the religious stuff from the main football area, folks.

If you wish to discuss that side of the coin regarding Ray, feel free to do so in the Politics / Off Topic area of the forum.

Thanks everyone!