Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 77% of us will have higher taxes

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    True, I don't think many in the MSM were upset about the now dead Congressional pay raise. But if you read the right wing side of the media, it's all they were talking about for a couple of weeks.

Also, part of that comes in the timing. I don't think it's a coincidence that the President would use an executive order, during the painfully slow holiday news cycle, to try and ram through the pay raise.

I am glad there was a vocal few Democrats who said no way to the pay increase.
    Speaking of executive orders...

I read that Obama has had something like 800+ executive orders since taking office in 2008 versus 30 something from W in 2 terms. That's pretty incredible.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

The reality is that there should be NO parties. Every man for himself, I say.

When you start adhering to an overarching political agenda then your own beliefs and values get skewed to meet the masses. It's bogus and it dumbs the average American down.

Blog Entries

True but neither side ever argued no taxes.
    not saying they did, merely that mocking somebody for voting for somebody and then having to pay them is pretty weak when considering its going to happen regardless who is in office. Goes back to NC's quote that wicked just quoted.

It wasn't too long ago (in the 90's) both sides actively sought a balanced budget. Bush and his 2 years of party control in congress ruined that (aided by war) and took us into the red. Not to be outdone, Obama took us even further, doubling what W did in a mere 4 years.

Now, one side can't spend enough and the other are too chicken shit to stop the spending. NO country has ever taxed and spent their way to prosperity.

We're in deep shit right now, having a debt of over $16 Trillion (with only $15 Trillion in circulation). That bill is going to need to get paid eventually. In the meantime, we better hope nothing serious breaks out in the world and we have to defend ourselves. Right now, we can't afford it. Literally.
    pretty much summed up the difference between working together and being divided. Thats probably the biggest issue out of everything, even the debt. The debt is something we can fix, IF, we work together. Seems congress will only work together when given a deadline and then its only at the last minute and throwing something together.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

When you start adhering to an overarching political agenda then your own beliefs and values get skewed to meet the masses. It's bogus and it dumbs the average American down.
    that entails they actually do their jobs, which to this point very few seem to actually want to. Much easier just to vote the party line and kick it in your office (or anywhere) on tax payer dollars.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

I don't think that's the reality simply because it could never be a reality.

There will always be compromise to meet the masses. The problem is the lack of political fidelity. The more people there are, the larger the disconnect between the little guy and his supposed representative, and the easier it is for politicians to act without recourse. That's what happens when you have a country of 300 mill. people. History repeats it's self, power is corrupt.

My take personally, state succession is our only chance. We are getting too diverse and too massive to expect anything to get done within our government anymore. How can we expect politicians to agree and to get things done when they disagree on the most fundamental levels of what the governments job is?
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Twitter and FB have been abuzz about a new tax people are just discovering, thanks to Obamacare .....

It's called the "Medical Excise Tax" and people are not happy.

This has been verified by snopes.com as being legit and not some register glitch.

Clothing falls under this definition so that's a national 2.3% tax whenever you have buy some clothing.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 01-04-2013 at 03:14 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    I don't think that's the reality simply because it could never be a reality.

There will always be compromise to meet the masses. The problem is the lack of political fidelity. The more people there are, the larger the disconnect between the little guy and his supposed representative, and the easier it is for politicians to act without recourse. That's what happens when you have a country of 300 mill. people. History repeats it's self, power is corrupt.

My take personally, state succession is our only chance. We are getting too diverse and too massive to expect anything to get done within our government anymore.
    How can we expect politicians to agree and to get things done when they disagree on the most fundamental levels of what the governments job is?
    I tend to agree. And I think it will ultimately come to that, maybe not in our lifetime.

One way or the other this country is going to be very different.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

A lot of states like Oklahoma, Texas, Missouri, and Kansas are, in a sense, setting themselves up for secession. It could absolutely happen.

I worked a couple hours over and was still short of my normal pay. Taxes and health insurance increased. Very discouraging.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

True but neither side ever argued no taxes.

It wasn't too long ago (in the 90's) both sides actively sought a balanced budget. Bush and his 2 years of party control in congress ruined that (aided by war) and took us into the red. Not to be outdone, Obama took us even further, doubling what W did in a mere 4 years.

That's only partially right about both sides. True, Clinton balanced the budget but that was after Dick Morris got him
    to because of Newt's GOP controlled congress. he would have nothing else passed. Morris said balance the budget and
    you'll get the credit years from now, not the GOPs and he was right. It's working in your post.
    [/I][/I]

Now, one side can't spend enough and the other are too chicken shit to stop the spending. NO country has ever taxed and spent their way to prosperity.
    Ryan sure the hell tried to stop the spending or slow it down and was crucified for it by the entire country. It was called
    the Ryan plan. Boner did get a landmark bill passed cutting the spending. It wasnt in the trillions like the Tea party wanted but in the billions, around $30B which had Pissy Reid pissing in his pants.

We can thank Boner for agreeing to the taxes and all the caving in he did but in fairness he didnt have much choice. The money was falling off the cliff or so they say and why it's call the fiscal cliff deal, so the great compromiser compromised and the DEMs are still pissed because they didn't get higher taxes. The GOP is liberal based now so they caved in on the taxes but at least they kept them down.

The link I posted above says DEMs wanted higher taxes and grand raven would be paying even more than he is now and gonna be paying. Newt's gang would have fought it and don't forget, these are Ws tax cuts that they agreed to stop.

Oh, and this from his web site:

Romney would eliminate Obamacare, a maneuver which was estimated by the CBO to save $1.2 trillion over
    ten years,[12] helping to offset some of the tax increases that were used to fund Obamacare.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 01-05-2013 at 04:28 AM.

Guys, Clinton never balanced the budget. What he did was get lucky enough to have the DotCom boom fall into his lap and create an unsustainable growth spurt. The balanced budget myth comes from PROJECTED numbers two decades after Clinton would've left office. That tells us two things: Clinton never had a balanced budget, and our economy is so screwed it'll take at least 20 years of unprecedented growth to fix the damned thing.

As for succession, I am all for it. Give me everything from from Texas east, and Maryland south and we'll create a great country founded on the real ideals of the American Constitution.

P.S. It's not that I want you bunch of yankees in my country, but my favorite football team is up there so y'all can just hitch along for the ride.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Well darb, Charlie Daniels would agree with you. He said the South is gonna do it again-lol.

Fact Checks does not agree with you but they do mention the dot com boom. Clinton's 1994 plan even had some
    spending restraints to it thanks to Dick Morris.

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/02/the...under-clinton/
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 01-05-2013 at 04:22 AM.