Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gino Gradkowski

Re: Gino Gradkowski

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I don't buy that. The Bengals played their starting DL into the 4th quarter. Granted they were rotating a bit more in the 2nd half but they were still out there.
    Like I said, I like the kid and think he has potential. I would either like to see a vet brought in to compete with him. If your plan is to start Geno then I think you have to make sure you have a reliable backup plan, he has not shown enough to assure me that he is a sure thing if handed the starters role. That's not a criticism, its not saying he can't fill the role, its just saying that he is no sure thing based on what he has done to this point. If thats the case, having a good backup plan is advised.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

I will be curious to see what FILMSTUDY saw, but I thought he played pretty well. Hard to tell from the TV .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Like I said, I like the kid and think he has potential. I would either like to see a vet brought in to compete with him. If your plan is to start Geno then I think you have to make sure you have a reliable backup plan, he has not shown enough to assure me that he is a sure thing if handed the starters role. That's not a criticism, its not saying he can't fill the role, its just saying that he is no sure thing based on what he has done to this point. If thats the case, having a good backup plan is advised.
    As I said in the other thread, it was a nice audition by him. Obviously, you can't just hand him the starting job because not only is it just one game, he wasn't tested mentally by the Bengals. He wasn't going against complex blitzes or anything like that, so we don't really know if he can make the calls he needs to. But he is much further along than I, personally, expected. I wasn't sure if he could hold up physically but he did rather well. It was a promising performance.

4. Re: Gino Gradkowski

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    As I said in the other thread, it was a nice audition by him. Obviously, you can't just hand him the starting job because not only is it just one game, he wasn't tested mentally by the Bengals. He wasn't going against complex blitzes or anything like that, so we don't really know if he can make the calls he needs to. But he is much further along than I, personally, expected. I wasn't sure if he could hold up physically but he did rather well. It was a promising performance.
    Can't say that I disagree with anything you wrote. I would only add that every snap was pretty good- no fumbled exchanges...

Kind of hard to tell from where I was in relation to the TV, but from what I saw, he played well. He needs to put on some pounds, but he seems feisty.

He battled, showed his athleticism and didnt get pushed around going up against a talented front. He's only gonna get better the more snaps he gets, i'd be totally fine with him as the starter next season. I think in time he's gonna be a stud.

Blog Entries

I just watched some extended highlights and keyed in on Gino, I thought he played well. Not sure he needs more weight by number aspect, just could use some muscle. Never settle, but I think he could play better than Birk by next year.

I thought he had a solid game also especially against the Bengals 1st and 2nd string rotation.

Gino did a lot of pulling in college and is really athletic, I have to think that's one of things the FO saw in him on tape.

Blog Entries

His older brother Bruce being across the field surely motivated him a bit, but I thought he did very well.

Blog Entries

He had a solid game overall, but we must tempt our expectations a little, a lot of young players start off well then when film is out on them, teams exploit them. Gino is still really undersized, and needs to bulk up for the physical elements of the AFCN. He got thrown on the ground one or two times by Peko, but he also made some nice seal blocks and opened some nice holes up the middle. He held his own whenever he came into contact with Atkins too. The most impressive thing about Geno is his ability to get to the second level and block well, that's why the FO drafted him and it's what the scouts saw on tape, and obviously why a lot of other teams were reported to be high on him. If we go all in on Gino next season, don't be surprised to see us totally adapt to the ZBS, especially if Oher moves to guard.

11. Re: Gino Gradkowski

I thought he did good, I think he's a lock to be the starting center next season.
    You guys wanna hear a funny joke?

DEAN PEES............That is all

12. Re: Gino Gradkowski

Pfft...he's certainly no McKinnie.

THANK GOD