Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gino Gradkowski

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Gino Gradkowski

I'm curious what people's impressions were of Gino's play yesterday. To my eye he looked good, though it's tough to judge when he's playing next to a virtual corpse (Bobbie Williams) rather than Yanda. It'd be a big boost to the run game and salary cap if he could become an athletic replacement for Birk in '13.

Re: Gino Gradkowski

He got pushed around a bit, but he battled a lot harder than Birk. On a side note Bobbie Williams has to be the worst signing of the year.

Tyrod didn't get killed, so that's a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by bengtc View Post
    On a side note Bobbie Williams has to be the worst signing of the year.
    It's not so much that it's a bad signing, it's why he's gotten so much playing time. Could Harewood really be so bad that he went from starting the first few games to not even being able to outplay Williams? There was a play on the first series where Willaims was pulling to the left and was so slow getting over there that he bumped into Ray Rice as Rice was hitting what should have been the hole.

Blog Entries

Ravens broadcast team mentioned it was weird seeing the Ravens C getting to 2nd level...

I'm hopeful for him, I think he needs to hit the weight room this offseason with some fury. He's got a good setup, just needs some extra bulk.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

I thought he played well.

Stick him between Jah and Yanda and I don't think it would be too bad.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Stick him between KO or Brian Winters and Yanda and I don't think it would be too bad.
    I know what ya meant

I agree...I thought he played well. People are still talking about strength and such, but I didn't see him get pushed around at all.

He definately should get first dibs on the starting C spot next year IMHO.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

I'd rather that be Osemele and Yanda. Let's go get an OT to make this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Ravens broadcast team mentioned it was weird seeing the Ravens C getting to 2nd level...

I'm hopeful for him, I think he needs to hit the weight room this offseason with some fury. He's got a good setup, just needs some extra bulk.
    I agree. I've said before, the dude needs to be a madman in the weight room between now and OTAs. Needs to get rid of the donut belly and put on 20 pounds up top. If he does that he's likely a shoo-in for the starting job.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Thought he looked solid. No way birk is our center next year. Highly doubt we take anyone at center in the first 4 rounds next year. We would be better off drafting G or T.

12. Re: Gino Gradkowski

Quote Originally Posted by timmyonfleet View Post
    Thought he looked solid. No way birk is our center next year. Highly doubt we take anyone at center in the first 4 rounds next year. We would be better off drafting G or T.
    They'll keep Birk, but as the backup/fallback option.
    Cutting him would mean 1.4 million in dead money PLUS they'd have to find/draft and sign someone else to be the backup. And Birk will only cost them 2.75 million which is a bit high for a backup, but all things considered he's the best option.