Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    iggyman555 Guest

Re: Changes at 105.7 The Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    It's not stealing when someone else uses something that people freely post on a public website. I wouldn't be upset about it. Forums are a great resource to find info about different topics.
    ok im over it lol
    jeremy is still a tool and zinnno is still an ass

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    ok im over it lol
    jeremy is still a tool and zinnno is still an ass
    Yeah trust me I don't care for them either. Jeremy acts like a 5 year old on the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    It's not stealing when someone else uses something that people freely post on a public website. I wouldn't be upset about it. Forums are a great resource to find info about different topics.
    Yeah, but if you're on the radio filling time with random crap you read on the internet, posted by nobodies like us, why should I listen?

No thanks. I'll take the guys who have something to offer that you and I don't.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Yeah, but if you're on the radio filling time with random crap you read on the internet, posted by nobodies like us, why should I listen?

No thanks. I'll take the guys who have something to offer that you and I don't.
    I'm not saying that makes him a good radio host. If you read my other post, you'd see that I don't care for him. I'm just saying it's pointless to get butt hurt about it. There are always going to be people that will do stuff like that.

iggyman555 Guest

btw does anyone know how much these guys make?? i always hear them making jokes at how little they make...

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    btw does anyone know how much these guys make?? i always hear them making jokes at how little they make...
    I have no idea. I do think they have to purchase their airtime from the station and then sell the advertisements themselves...if they sell enough ads to cover their costs, they make money. If they don't, they don't. I don't think anybody is getting rich off their gig.

But I am not in the business and could be totally off-base.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    I have no idea. I do think they have to purchase their airtime from the station and then sell the advertisements themselves...if they sell enough ads to cover their costs, they make money. If they don't, they don't. I don't think anybody is getting rich off their gig.

But I am not in the business and could be totally off-base.
    I don't think it works like this when your parent company is CBS. The guys at low-wattage local stations (WNST, perhaps) are most likely buying their time and seling their own ads. But not guys working for CBS or ESPN radio.

My dad worked in radio when I was a kid (as a station engineer). He always told me to stay as far away from the microphone as possible if you ever wanted to make money at a radio station. (Sales and Engineering pay a lot more than sitting in the booth unless you're crazy like Stern or Limbaugh and catch a lot of breaks).

CBS median salary is around $40k according to some on line searches.. Now that's a nationwide median, so obviously some of the main hosts are pulling down a lot more than that while goofy sidekicks are pulling down less.

Blog Entries

So are guys like Haynie and Garceau making $40K for a 2-3 hour gig on 105 fm?

I think that was Haynie's only job. That would be Scott's second check in addition to his pension plus
    his realty company.

Guys like Stern and Rush are making over $100M pr yr plus their books, endorsements and speeches.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    So are guys like Haynie and Garceau making $40K for a 2-3 hour gig on 105 fm?

I think that was Haynie's only job. That would be Scott's second check in addition to his pension plus
    his realty company.

Guys like Stern and Rush are making over $100M pr yr plus their books, endorsements and speeches.
    Quite possible that Haynie's around the median line. He came from NST where guys are working for peanuts. So CBS median salary or something in the vicinity was probably a pay raise.. Garceau has been around a long time. I'd imagine he makes well above median.. But he's obviously not retiring any time soon either.

Syndication (like Stern, Limbaugh, etc) is the way to big bucks in radio, and I don't think there's one guy on staff right now at 105.7 that has to worry about that any time soon.

One other thing of note - there is extra money to be made by making personal appearances on behalf of the station. So when you see these guys showing up at car dealerships or at shopping malls on Saturday afternoon, they're getting paid extra for that.

Blog Entries

I don't mind any of the talking heads on 105.7. That includes Zinno too. Someone needs to be provocative in order to garner ratings and its sports talk in Baltimore. There's only so much you can talk about between the O's and Ravens.

Here's what I found about salaries from the link above:http://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/CBS-...10,19_IM63.htm

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

On "Burgundy" I would like to first note that I was the first internet poster ever to get under his skin. This was when he was with Matte on 1300 Saturday mornings about 12-13 years ago. Several Saturdays in a row he kept talking about the upcoming draft and continually forgot we did not have a 3rd round pick (must have been 1999) because we had pissed it away on Scott Mitchell.

I posted on Sunspot about his lack of knowledge and that my dog knew more than he did about NFL Football. LOL, the next Saturday morning he brings it up and is pissed. I didn't hear it but several folks let me know they did!

Anyway, I have met him and he is okay. He is thin-skinned, especially considering his job, and I still contend his knowledge is lacking, but he is a nice guy and I can't believe he ever indicated he wanted to do something physical like get into a fight or something.

There is no "confronting" him as that isn't in him to get into a fight or something.

Oh, and as an admin on many of these boards he was never kicked off. When he stopped posting that was voluntary, though heavily recommended as he was so thin-skinned. Many suggested he stop reading altogether. He just couldn't handle it.