Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Changes at 105.7 The Fan

Speaking of Drew, he went into a tirade after the last Ravens game in Indy during the POs. I was there with
    Mista T and a guy from Scout. So we had nothing to do on Sunday so T said lets go by and pay respect
    on the devil himself.

So we drive into the cemetry and I kid you not. There were signs all over the place offering big rewards for
    anyone who reported vandalism on the graves. Seems a lot of Ravens fans go there when the Ravens are
    in town-lol. We drove around the entire damn place looking for his grave and found it on top
    of a hill. It was in the perfect place over looking the slums of Indy. All the houses across the street were
    boarded up-lol.

But nobody had the guts to get out of the car to piss on his grave. It was a set up. The cops were waiting for
    us. There was an unmarked car on top of the hill and another one at the bottom. There was a plains clothes
    cop pretending to be mourning the grave next to Irsaays but if you looked closely, you could see the outline
    of his Smith and Wesson under his coat. I said shit, T, foget this man. he said at least get out and take a pic
    of the grave and I did.

When we got back I posted the story on Sunspot and Drew went nuts on the air shorta like Marty. A lot of
    guys on the thread said they pissed or shit on his grave over the years and Drew thought it was terrible and disrespectful and even named the posters on air. He attacked guys on the air that couldn't defend themselves.
    Actually he was right about the disrespect but I have no remorse after what he did to us. He cut our hearts
    out and that doesn't bother some of these younger guys who didnt' go through it.
    Another jerk.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 01-02-2013 at 10:30 PM.

Blog Entries

I really like Hayne. Terry Ford has been great too on late nights. Real Baltimore guys who know their stuff inside and out.

I can't stand that new national late night show though, whatever that guy is they got from Stern XM. Talk about an unlistenable voice, the guy sounds like he swallowed a bag of marbles.

As for Zinno, he is like a fine wine. Once its been left out and turned to vinegar. He can't be off the airways soon enough.

iggyman555 Guest

jeremy is an ass he was texting me today talking shit about being the best on the station..i called him out for stealing stuff from this forum (favorite ray moments) he said who cares its a free country

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    i called him out for stealing stuff from this forum (favorite ray moments) he said who cares its a free country
    He's right... I think it's funny that many people think that the Radio/TV/News guys don't look at this stuff and derive many thoughts and ideas from it. These forums are the best "finger on the pulse" they can get. The talk show guys would be stupid not to use this stuff. Don't be offended that they like some of what they read here or that some of it inspires them to talk about it, especially the obvious stuff like "Best Ray Memories". Big Wigs all over use forums to get ideas.

I'm also part of a "Drum Building Website/forum". We are a bunch or drummers who are carpenters, artists, engineers.. etc. and we build drums. A few times a year we see the huge corporations steel an idea that was originally posted on our site. What ya' gonna do? If you really want to keep your thoughts/ideas secret. Don't post them.

Blog Entries

jeremy is an ass he was texting me today talking shit about being the best on the station..i called him out for stealing stuff from this forum (favorite ray moments) he said who cares its a free country
    It's not stealing when someone else uses something that people freely post on a public website. I wouldn't be upset about it. Forums are a great resource to find info about different topics.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    It's not stealing when someone else uses something that people freely post on a public website. I wouldn't be upset about it. Forums are a great resource to find info about different topics.
    ok im over it lol
    jeremy is still a tool and zinnno is still an ass

Blog Entries

ok im over it lol
    jeremy is still a tool and zinnno is still an ass
    Yeah trust me I don't care for them either. Jeremy acts like a 5 year old on the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Yeah, but if you're on the radio filling time with random crap you read on the internet, posted by nobodies like us, why should I listen?

No thanks. I'll take the guys who have something to offer that you and I don't.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Yeah, but if you're on the radio filling time with random crap you read on the internet, posted by nobodies like us, why should I listen?

No thanks. I'll take the guys who have something to offer that you and I don't.
    I'm not saying that makes him a good radio host. If you read my other post, you'd see that I don't care for him. I'm just saying it's pointless to get butt hurt about it. There are always going to be people that will do stuff like that.

iggyman555 Guest

btw does anyone know how much these guys make?? i always hear them making jokes at how little they make...

btw does anyone know how much these guys make?? i always hear them making jokes at how little they make...
    I have no idea. I do think they have to purchase their airtime from the station and then sell the advertisements themselves...if they sell enough ads to cover their costs, they make money. If they don't, they don't. I don't think anybody is getting rich off their gig.

But I am not in the business and could be totally off-base.

iggyman555 Guest

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    I have no idea. I do think they have to purchase their airtime from the station and then sell the advertisements themselves...if they sell enough ads to cover their costs, they make money. If they don't, they don't. I don't think anybody is getting rich off their gig.

But I am not in the business and could be totally off-base.
    I don't think it works like this when your parent company is CBS. The guys at low-wattage local stations (WNST, perhaps) are most likely buying their time and seling their own ads. But not guys working for CBS or ESPN radio.

My dad worked in radio when I was a kid (as a station engineer). He always told me to stay as far away from the microphone as possible if you ever wanted to make money at a radio station. (Sales and Engineering pay a lot more than sitting in the booth unless you're crazy like Stern or Limbaugh and catch a lot of breaks).

CBS median salary is around $40k according to some on line searches.. Now that's a nationwide median, so obviously some of the main hosts are pulling down a lot more than that while goofy sidekicks are pulling down less.

Blog Entries

So are guys like Haynie and Garceau making $40K for a 2-3 hour gig on 105 fm?

I think that was Haynie's only job. That would be Scott's second check in addition to his pension plus
    his realty company.

Guys like Stern and Rush are making over $100M pr yr plus their books, endorsements and speeches.