Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 72 of 160
  1. #61

    Re: Changes at 105.7 The Fan



    Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Garceau is so much better than the amateur hour act he's currently starring in. You know that he's fully capable of great football talk and yet we get this back and forth 6th grade BS. It must be driving him nuts.
    I think he likes it. I imagine he holds a bit of clout and if he wanted he could have Conn removed from his show. He seems at least on the air like he enjoys the banter.

    I'm curious what the ratings for the show are too. That may have something to do with the pairing. The Fan overall outperforms everyone else in the area, but I'm curious how his show does compared to the other drive-time shows on the station.




  2. Re: Changes at 105.7 The Fan

    Bob Haynie sounds like Marge Simpson's sisters with cotton mouth! LOL




  3. #63

    Re: Changes at 105.7 The Fan

    My opinions:

    Scott & Jeremy is fantastic, definitely my favorite show on the station.

    Vinny & Rob is hit-or-miss. Vinny can be really annoying, but they have a good rapport and I appreciate Vinny's insight, even if he was a terrible GM.

    Norris & Davis is mediocre-to-bad. They're both annoying and long-winded. I usually prefer silence on my way to work over their show.

    Haynie & Zinno is unbearable - Haynie's voice & Zinno's personality are incredibly annoying to me. Terry Ford is awful - partly because of his voice and partly because of his lack of compelling topics. Glenn Younes is probably the 2nd best host at the station behind Garceau, it's too bad he isn't featured more.




  4. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Balmer Merlin Hon
    Posts
    3,264
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Changes at 105.7 The Fan

    Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    How is this self-indulgent?
    Well, Tony, let's see. Here's the description posted for this forum:
    The friendly Ravens forum for everyone! Pure Ravens talk during the season - this may include discussion of competing NFL teams and players, if relevant to Ravens football.
    A rearrangement (or rederangement) of the babbling heads at a local sports radio operation seems to me a pretty far cry from "pure Ravens talk." But it's of interest to you (for whatever reason) so you placed (& keep) it here in the most-visited of the forums, even though it really doesn't belong here. Which makes it self-indulgent IMO.

    For some reason I thought you had a separate forum for media stuff; I see now you don't. Maybe you need one for discussions like this. But then it wouldn't get the visibility you apparently want it to have.
    And really if it's such a bother, why bother?
    Well, I don't bother listening to the station in the first place. My only real concern is that there's only so much shelf space on this forum & every O/T thread helps push more germane threads off the front page.




  5. #65

    Re: Changes at 105.7 The Fan

    Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Well, Tony, let's see. Here's the description posted for this forum:A rearrangement (or rederangement) of the babbling heads at a local sports radio operation seems to me a pretty far cry from "pure Ravens talk." But it's of interest to you (for whatever reason) so you placed (& keep) it here in the most-visited of the forums, even though it really doesn't belong here. Which makes it self-indulgent IMO.

    For some reason I thought you had a separate forum for media stuff; I see now you don't. Maybe you need one for discussions like this. But then it wouldn't get the visibility you apparently want it to have.Well, I don't bother listening to the station in the first place. My only real concern is that there's only so much shelf space on this forum & every O/T thread helps push more germane threads off the front page.
    The bottom 5 threads on the front page haven't been replied to in over a full day. And this is during a week in which the Ravens have a playoff game upcoming. Clearly, nothing of major interest is being pushed off of the front page as a result of the media thread.

    My suggestion, get laid and stop sweating the small stuff. You'll be much happier.




  6. #66

    Re: Changes at 105.7 The Fan

    I'll miss Bob but not Zinno, who singlehandedly made it impossible to listen at that time slot anyway. I've made my peace with Rob & Vinny and I can listen to Scott and Jeremy, but Zinno comes across as an arrogant, ignorant blowhard.

    Notwithstanding his service to our country.
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




  7. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,950

    Re: Changes at 105.7 The Fan

    Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Well, Tony, let's see. Here's the description posted for this forum:A rearrangement (or rederangement) of the babbling heads at a local sports radio operation seems to me a pretty far cry from "pure Ravens talk." But it's of interest to you (for whatever reason) so you placed (& keep) it here in the most-visited of the forums, even though it really doesn't belong here. Which makes it self-indulgent IMO.
    Nice job cherry-picking one item from the forum description to suit your argument. I am sure it was a simple oversight on your part leaving out the rest of the description so let me finish it for you ....

    OT stuff is allowed when we're not busy and may still be moved eventually.
    You're welcome.

    Quote Originally Posted by TakingBackSunday View Post
    The bottom 5 threads on the front page haven't been replied to in over a full day. And this is during a week in which the Ravens have a playoff game upcoming. Clearly, nothing of major interest is being pushed off of the front page as a result of the media thread.
    Far too many facts here. Hyperbole and obfuscation are the themes right now.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  8. #68
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11,925
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Changes at 105.7 The Fan

    As Nasty's atty said after the Jen Royale case was dismissed you can pretty much say anything you want about a public figure.

    These dudes like Ron Burgandy and Zinno are public figures and will take their lumps on the radio and especially on message boards which is t he nature of the beast.

    Ron Burgandy actually got on a caller once on the air.
    Marty Ass threatened the entire city of Baltimore to a fight and gave his seat and row number to come up to visit him. He was so upset they pulled him off the air and Don Scott came on and said Marty isn't feeling well today folks. LOL

    The guy Burgandy was pissed at was an ultimate fighter and would have clobbered him faster than Mike McCreary got it. Burgandy gets names on the air not just messeage board. The station could have been sanctioned by the FCC after a bunch of dirty names got thru on the air by a caller. He said it was one of those internet guys-lol. I'm sure he was thinking of me but I never call any shows. And when I did meet him at a Nest function I introduced myself and he did nothing.


    I don't know of anyone called Scott Garceau any names. Jeremy, yes, but not Scott.


    If they don't like it, don't go into public life.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 01-02-2013 at 01:11 PM.
    UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU.




  9. #69

    Re: Changes at 105.7 The Fan

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    As Nasty's atty said after the Jen Royale case was dismissed you can pretty much say anything you want about a public figure.

    These dudes like Ron Burgandy and Zinno are public figures and will take their lumps on the radio and especially on message boards which is t he nature of the beast.

    Ron Burgandy actually got on a caller once on the air.
    Marty Ass threatened the entire city of Baltimore to a fight and gave his seat and row number to come up to visit him. He was so upset they pulled him off the air and Don Scott came on and said Marty isn't feeling well today folks. LOL

    The guy Burgandy was pissed at was an ultimate fighter and would have clobbered him faster than Mike McCreary got it. Burgandy gets names on the air not just messeage board. The station could have been sanctioned by the FCC after a bunch of dirty names got thru on the air by a caller. He said it was one of those internet guys-lol. I'm sure he was thinking of me but I never call any shows. And when I did meet him at a Nest function I introduced myself and he did nothing.


    I don't know of anyone called Scott Garceau any names. Jeremy, yes, but not Scott.


    If they don't like it, don't go into public life.
    Burgundy once threatened other members at Sunspot. Pretty funny stuff over there when he couldn't take a little ribbing and his thin skin showed through. He even got banned for his tirade over there.




  10. #70

    Re: Changes at 105.7 The Fan

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Burgundy once threatened other members at Sunspot. Pretty funny stuff over there when he couldn't take a little ribbing and his thin skin showed through. He even got banned for his tirade over there.
    He PM'd me on sunspot and called me an asshole for calling him out and that I would pay for that.

    BTW Old19 is back on sunspot as BaltimoreRavens Let's Go.




  11. #71

    Re: Changes at 105.7 The Fan

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    He PM'd me on sunspot and called me an asshole for calling him out and that I would pay for that.

    BTW Old19 is back on sunspot as BaltimoreRavens Let's Go.
    He PM'd me too! I had called him out for making boneheaded calls over the PA system during games and he said he only repeats what his "spotters" were telling him in his earpiece and to cut him some slack. LOL!!




  12. #72

    Re: Changes at 105.7 The Fan

    IMO Scott Garceau is the only legit "Radio Voice" on the station. Aside from the odd sucking/slurping spit sound he makes from time to time (that reminds me of my mother-in-law), he's a pro. Sometimes he has a bit of old fogey-ness to him... but I generally like him. Zinno is a "know it all" downer. Won't miss him at all. Rob and Vinny are fine when they actually talk sports and stop the goofy laughing, "I gots street cred", white boy/black guy nonsense. Just bring some educated content Vinny... cause your sense of humor is pretty immature and really not funny.

    As for Bob Haynie, recently he sounds like he has cotton balls in his mouth. Maybe they gave him a different kind of Mic at 105.7 but I don't remember hearing that at WNST. His content is fine.

    Bottom line, I tolerate all of these guys for the most part. The part of these shows that suck is the callers. There are a couple of good ones. But Godamn, why do they answer calls from the retards? And if I have to listen to Bob in Parkville recount the glory days, I'm gonna stab myself in the face... and If I have to listen to Ed in Arbutus' scripted coach speak rants... I'm going to cut my ears off. I also like to listen to NFL on Sirius. I love Pat Kirwin.
    Last edited by RedSkins Fury; 01-02-2013 at 02:44 PM.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland