Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Changes at 105.7 The Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Quite possible that Haynie's around the median line. He came from NST where guys are working for peanuts. So CBS median salary or something in the vicinity was probably a pay raise.. Garceau has been around a long time. I'd imagine he makes well above median.. But he's obviously not retiring any time soon either.

Syndication (like Stern, Limbaugh, etc) is the way to big bucks in radio, and I don't think there's one guy on staff right now at 105.7 that has to worry about that any time soon.

One other thing of note - there is extra money to be made by making personal appearances on behalf of the station. So when you see these guys showing up at car dealerships or at shopping malls on Saturday afternoon, they're getting paid extra for that.
    Thanks,man.

Great info.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    On "Burgundy" I would like to first note that I was the first internet poster ever to get under his skin. This was when he was with Matte on 1300 Saturday mornings about 12-13 years ago. Several Saturdays in a row he kept talking about the upcoming draft and continually forgot we did not have a 3rd round pick (must have been 1999) because we had pissed it away on Scott Mitchell.

I posted on Sunspot about his lack of knowledge and that my dog knew more than he did about NFL Football. LOL, the next Saturday morning he brings it up and is pissed. I didn't hear it but several folks let me know they did!

Anyway, I have met him and he is okay. He is thin-skinned, especially considering his job, and I still contend his knowledge is lacking, but he is a nice guy and I can't believe he ever indicated he wanted to do something physical like get into a fight or something.

There is no "confronting" him as that isn't in him to get into a fight or something.

Oh, and as an admin on many of these boards he was never kicked off. When he stopped posting that was voluntary, though heavily recommended as he was so thin-skinned. Many suggested he stop reading altogether. He just couldn't handle it.

Yea, Greg - I remember the dog quote and that was on TV 45 where he said, "even GReg's dog knows more than me."

LOL

Remember that MOnday night game vs Minn, I think it was, and Kyle Richardson shanked all those punts in the freezing
    cold and was cut at the end of the year. Bruce said on his Sat show that Kyle was one of his favorite Ravens and he
    couldn't understand why he was cut. ILMAO - he must have missed all those shanked punts.

He often got the plays wrong at the stadium too when calling the games. I said don't you have spotters to tell you where
    the ball is. He said I have 2 of them. So here's 3 experts with the best seats in the house and they don't know where the
    ball is.

Remember his IT'S THIRD DOWN call. It drove Kansas City nuts so much so they complained to the NFL and they gave
    Bruce a warning about it. He just laughed but all the old announcers said it'd 2d and 8 or 3d and 2 or whatever but
    Bruce didn't know where the ball was, so he just said IT'S THIRD DOWN.

ILMAO

Of course the guys on Scout said we should know where it is if we're paying attention but some guys are too drunk
    to see and others are watching the cheer leaders legs or coming back from the john and might need to know-lol.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 01-03-2013 at 05:55 PM.

Anyway, I have met him and he is okay. He is thin-skinned, especially considering his job, and I still contend his knowledge is lacking, but he is a nice guy and I can't believe he ever indicated he wanted to do something physical like get into a fight or something.
    Greg trust me on this one, he suggested on more than one occasion that message board posters wouldn't say xyz to him since he is so big, insinuating people should be afraid of him because he would kick their asses or something. It was really awkward every time he would do it. I used to listen to the Saturday morning Ravens show faithfully on WNST and then when he went to 105.7 to do the Bruce Cunningham show. High quality entertainment.

check out this old sunspot thread.

My favorite from that thread, courtesy of HandsWarmer

"Bruce: We have Joe from hamden on the line, go ahead Joe!

Joe: Hey Bruce,...

Bruce: That reminds me of a story; once way back when......

(Caller dangles on line....)"

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    Greg trust me on this one, he suggested on more than one occasion that message board posters wouldn't say xyz to him since he is so big, insinuating people should be afraid of him because he would kick their asses or something. It was really awkward every time he would do it. I used to listen to the Saturday morning Ravens show faithfully on WNST and then when he went to 105.7 to do the Bruce Cunningham show. High quality entertainment.

check out this old sunspot thread.

My favorite from that thread, courtesy of HandsWarmer

"Bruce: We have Joe from hamden on the line, go ahead Joe!

Joe: Hey Bruce,...

Bruce: That reminds me of a story; once way back when......

(Caller dangles on line....)"
    Oh my.. LOL!

I found it funny when he lost his midday show, and he had to spend his entire last show telling the audience how he hadn't been fired, that it was his own decision, and that he was just so busy and had so many important things to do that he had to make this decision. As if this legion of fans were breaking out the tissues because of his departure!

I've also often wondered if Brucie didn't fly to Miami and "un-retire" Marty Bass' old toupee. Look at old pic's of Marty's wig and look at Brucie's head and tell me they aren't identical.

I remember Bruce belching on the PA during a game...absolutely embarrassing. :grbac:
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

iggyman555 Guest

what was burgandys handle on the old forums, i was googling around but couldnt find any posts

Blog Entries

have you heard

He used that on scout. He was already banned when I joined susnpot as 52 Knock OUts.

He used that when he made his big splash and said I'M BRUCE CUNNINGHAM.

I used to rib him about being the only anchor to go on message boards. The real anchors were too busy and professional.
    They might have been on but nobody knew who they were.

Haynie said he always turned to the boards to get the feel of the fans after a game but nobody knew who he was.

Marty used his real name and pic, the same one you see on the ch 13 commercials-lol.

It was funny. AFter he made his big splash on scout some of us used his real name.

One guy was Bruce Cunningham
    One guy was Bruce
    I was Bruce 45.

It drove him nuts. Everyone was confused thinking they were all Bruce. Guys would say will the real
    Bruce Cunningham please stand up.

I'd post, I'm the real Bruce Cunningham.
    The other guy would say the same.
    Then the other guy.

He PMed me saying I was stealing his name and that was the only thing he had to sell himself. He lied when he said
    he came on the board because of those names. We didn't use them til after he came on the board.

So finally Admin Steve said, ok you jokers, you know it's against to rules to use multiple handles but you could tell
    Steve thought it was funny. He always had a great sense of humor.

I was always known for using diff names. I was 007, Champs, Sirius Raven, and Joe Erhmann. Mista T thought I was
    the real JOe Ehrmann of the Sack Pack and asked me questions about the old Colts and I'd answer them.

Steve would have banned me if I wasn't a pal from Nest 1. Aaron finally did ban me for trashing his subscription forum.
    I said why pay for it when you see the articles all over the net for free. He used the subscription forum to pay for
    his ravens trips because the Carroll County Times couldn't afford to send him. That's what a mod told me. He just
    joined The Sun and made the big time. He deserves it. I always praised him and Tony as the best reporters in town
    and I still like Aaron. I still read the board.

Im the only Ravens fan to be banned from two message boards and a fan club. ILMAO

I just an old man having a damn good time.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 01-03-2013 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SHORTTRACK View Post
    "Zinno" doesn't use his real name.
    He was a male cheerleader.
    He's a cheerleader coach.
    He is an awful and unlikeable radio personality.
    That is pretty damn accurate.

There are plenty of people who have or had provided service to this country, they, no so more than him, don't necessarily deserve to be on the radio attempting to have a legitimate take on sports.
    A radio guy that doesn't use his real name?
    That is crazy!
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

iggyman555 Guest

i really cant stand steve davis, whats his problem

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    what was burgandys handle on the old forums, i was googling around but couldnt find any posts
    He had more than one.. All of them were banned at some point. During the most raucous and argumentative time, he was posting as "BCFox45" or something like that. Some people (SanDiegoSean) still have PM's that he sent them over there. Unfortunately I deleted the ones I got.. Maybe Sean can share them again. They were basically along the lines of, "you guys are lucky I can't get my hands on you right now" and other threatening nonsense. He whined constantly in PM's to several people that he wasn't getting a fair shake and that he couldn't defend himself properly because we were all anonymous message board posters hiding behind our PC's. LOL!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

All of them were banned at some point.
    Again, none of them were "banned." I have first-hand knowledge of this. He just finally realized he couldn't handle reading about himself on internet message boards and quit.

Again, none of them were "banned." I have first-hand knowledge of this. He just finally realized he couldn't handle reading about himself on internet message boards and quit.
    Not true.. The "BCFox45" handle was banned in the middle of an active thread when he went off and started making threatening comments and calling people names. We all had a good laugh at the expense of the word "BANNED" appearing under his handle instead of "MEMBER".

Could care less what insider information you have, but a bunch of us were there, participating in the thread and know what happened. And a bunch of SanDiegoSean's PM's were about how he couldn't defend himself (due to being banned).