Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Changes at 105.7 The Fan

I always thought that Bob should have his own show. He doesn't need a co-host. Very disappointing to hear that he'll only do fill in work. Yet another reason to tune out 105.7. I've turned off the station enough recently simply due to the number of callers that appear to be illiterate.

Haynie's style just doesn't match with 105.7. He fit in better at NST. When he got to 105.7 they tried to make him more upbeat and animated but that just wasn't him. I am not at all surprised he didn't last there. You could tell he didn't like Zinno so maybe he just quit.

So is Glen Younis gone? I heard some other guy on last night.

And I like Garceau and Conn to be honest. I think Scott Garceau is simply playing off of Jeremy more than anything and it works for them. I enjoy the show.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    So is Glen Younis gone? I heard some other guy on last night.
    I've noticed that its kind of a toss up with Younis, he's on some nights, but if they have a special show or event going on at that time, he usually has someone filling in for him.

He also could've taken the night off for NYE...he seems to have the type of personality that goes out to party most of the night.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    Sounds like nobody really likes anybody on the radio that much.
    If they would listen to local sports talk in other markets they might find out Baltimore's isn't all that bad.

Has anyone noticed that Scott has begun trying to sound like Jeremy conn and use his brand of humor? I wonder if even he knows how boring he is and is trying to adapt. If this the case it isn't working for him.
    I actually like Glenn. Eventhough he is a blow hard at least he is entertaining, which is more than I can say for most of those guys.
    Zinno is the worst by far. Comes off like an asshole, tries to make his opinions seem like obvious fact. Talks down to everyone in an insulting tone and thinks it makes him sound smart. I hate that I feel this way about a veteran.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    He's a stand up guy and a Major in the Army.
    Lol, that doesn't mean much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by timmyonfleet View Post
    Has anyone noticed that Scott has begun trying to sound like Jeremy conn and use his brand of humor? I wonder if even he knows how boring he is and is trying to adapt. If this the case it isn't working for him.
    Garceau is so much better than the amateur hour act he's currently starring in. You know that he's fully capable of great football talk and yet we get this back and forth 6th grade BS. It must be driving him nuts.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

Stupid question, I know, but--

Why is this thread sitting smack in the middle of the Ravens forum smack in the middle of the football season?

Hey, I realize Tony can put it wherever the hell he wants--it's his frickin' site--but considering how quickly the Mod Squad moves, merges, folds, spindles & mutilates any thread by anyone else that's not directly connected to the Ravens, it seems kinda self-indulgent, nyet?

(FTR I don't listen to any sports radio except for playbyplay--tried NFL Radio on Sirius a few times & thought the screaming heads were cretins...& wondered why they shoved commercials at me when I was paying to listen.)

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Stupid question, I know, but--

Why is this thread sitting smack in the middle of the Ravens forum smack in the middle of the football season?

Hey, I realize Tony can put it wherever the hell he wants--it's his frickin' site--but considering how quickly the Mod Squad moves, merges, folds, spindles & mutilates any thread by anyone else that's not directly connected to the Ravens, it seems kinda self-indulgent, nyet?

(FTR I don't listen to any sports radio except for playbyplay--tried NFL Radio on Sirius a few times & thought the screaming heads were cretins...& wondered why they shoved commercials at me when I was paying to listen.)
    How is this self-indulgent?

And really if it's such a bother, why bother?
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Younes on Twitter said he is staying at the 6 PM - 9 PM slot, so for Zinno he is literally getting pushed to the bottom of the barrel. I have started agreeing with him more as of late as hard as that is for me to admit, but him and Haynie had no chemistry whatsoever. I guess I will get to listen to him on my drive home from work now :/

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Garceau is so much better than the amateur hour act he's currently starring in. You know that he's fully capable of great football talk and yet we get this back and forth 6th grade BS. It must be driving him nuts.
    I watched NFLN's 22 minute Super Bowl 35 show earlier today On Demand.. And all I could think of when they played clips of Scott calling the Super Bowl was (A) How the hell did we get stuck with Gerry "hay's in the barn!" Sandusky on game days and (B) How does Scott get banished to a radio show with a chilidish sidekick who is an Indy Colts fan?

Mind boggling....