Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Ravens open as 6.5 point favorite against Colts

Texans are hot garbage right now, should of lost at home to Jax & lions if not for miracles.

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    I wouldn't put this one in the W column just yet. The Colts couldn't improve their seeding today yet went out and beat Houston who actually had a lot to play for. The Ravens were happy to head into the playoffs on a 1-4 run. Let's remember, the Colts have a better record than we do. All it'll take is one of Flacco's so called "Bad Joe" games and we could be headed to the off season.
    Who's putting this game in the win column? Folks are commenting on the line.

3. Re: Ravens open as 6.5 point favorite against Colts

Few things. Colts are atrocious vs. the run. They were -30 on the year despite winning 11 games. They don't run the ball very well.

To sum, they're going to rely on a rookie qb on the road to beat a playoff tested team. You have to like the Ravens chances this week.

Quote Originally Posted by CRZA938 View Post
    Who's putting this game in the win column? Folks are commenting on the line.
    Yea, just offering my 2 cents. FWIW, we should be favored by 3 or 4 at most.

I expect a tough game, no gimme by any means. I think Ravens win.

6. Re: Ravens open as 6.5 point favorite against Colts

Colts won't score more then 10 points next week.

Seems like every time we've faced them in the playoffs recently, they've gone in with one of the worst ranked run defenses and we think we're gonna run right over them. Then they morph into the 85 Bears for one week and we struggle to get 80 on the ground.

Really hope Rice and Leach chew them up and spit them out, but don't think it's a given. Pagano will have something up his sleeve to get after Flacco too. Still think we grind it out though for the win.
    "Flacco stepping up and throwing deep down the far sideline... CAUGHT!!! Into the endzone, TOUCHDOWN JACOBY JONES!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    Yea, just offering my 2 cents. FWIW, we should be favored by 3 or 4 at most.
    Playing on a neutral field, maybe.

Playing in Baltimore, 6.5 seems about right, maybe even a little low (IMHO).

Of the 12 playoff teams, the Colts have both the worst offense and the worst defense (based on points scored). They are the only team in the post-season with a negative point-differential. They're 30th out of 32 in rush-defense.

This is a game we should win. It probably shoudn't be that close, but in a one-and-done series, anything can happen.

I feel good about our chances with Ray, a rested Sizzle, Pollard, Reed, Ellerbe, Ngata against The Colts. They have some players, like the Hilton kid. He's explosive, Fleener, and of course the old crafty, still dangerous Reggie Wayne. On defense, they have Mathis/Freeney, Vonta Davis, Bathea...and...that's about it. I think we'll win this.

iggyman555 Guest

that dude #65 iirc was putting pressure on shwab all day
    Last edited by iggyman555; 12-31-2012 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ctulb View Post
    Seems like every time we've faced them in the playoffs recently, they've gone in with one of the worst ranked run defenses and we think we're gonna run right over them. Then they morph into the 85 Bears for one week and we struggle to get 80 on the ground.

Really hope Rice and Leach chew them up and spit them out, but don't think it's a given. Pagano will have something up his sleeve to get after Flacco too. Still think we grind it out though for the win.
    They will stack the box on defense and force Joe to beat them. I think Joe will, but I am a lot more worried about this game than a lot of fans, who almost seem to think it's a gimme...

Not saying it's a 100% lock, but it's close.

Not sure how the Ravens have consistently gotten lucky with our first round playoff matches in the Harbaugh/Flacco era, but hell I'll take it!

Dolphins, Chiefs, Texans sans QB, and Colts were all not real playoff caliber teams. The Colts stink, honestly. And to be completely truthful Luck hasn't been all that great. I love the Pagano story and all, but they're not a real threat. They will be in the coming years, but not this year IMO.