Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ravens open as 6.5 point favorite against Colts

Should be an interesting match-up but I think the Ravens have a good chance to win this game by double digits.

Re: Ravens open as 6.5 point favorite against Colts

D is starting to pull it together a little. They play a very technical game, no one outside Luck on their O is very flashy, but they get the job done. We need to come out early and get to Luck right from the start, but we have the tools to win this game

Blog Entries

This is crazy but I am concerned with Lewis coming back. There is a possibility that our best ILB combination is Ellerbe and Bynes.

They won't be able to stop our ground game. Leach is going to pave the way.

Blog Entries

I am shocked we are favored by that much.

Quote Originally Posted by ed from Bel Air View Post
    I am shocked we are favored by that much.
    I bet it ends up at 7 or 7.5.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheRaven View Post
    They won't be able to stop our ground game. Leach is going to pave the way.
    http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...alse&Submit=Go

Well according to this, the Colts are third-worst in the league at stopping the run, and downright worst at YPC (5.1). Heh. Hope that holds true; it very well might with Cam not calling the shots, but who knows. I'm most heartened by the fact this is in Baltimore. Otherwise I honestly think we'd be toast.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheRaven View Post
    Should be an interesting match-up but I think the Ravens have a good chance to win this game by double digits.
    The easiest money I've made all year was Pats -10 today against Miami. Home game and a chance for a bye week. not sure why that game wasn't -16...

Seems like every time we've faced them in the playoffs recently, they've gone in with one of the worst ranked run defenses and we think we're gonna run right over them. Then they morph into the 85 Bears for one week and we struggle to get 80 on the ground.

Really hope Rice and Leach chew them up and spit them out, but don't think it's a given. Pagano will have something up his sleeve to get after Flacco too. Still think we grind it out though for the win.
    "Flacco stepping up and throwing deep down the far sideline... CAUGHT!!! Into the endzone, TOUCHDOWN JACOBY JONES!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by ctulb View Post
    Seems like every time we've faced them in the playoffs recently, they've gone in with one of the worst ranked run defenses and we think we're gonna run right over them. Then they morph into the 85 Bears for one week and we struggle to get 80 on the ground.

Really hope Rice and Leach chew them up and spit them out, but don't think it's a given. Pagano will have something up his sleeve to get after Flacco too. Still think we grind it out though for the win.
    They will stack the box on defense and force Joe to beat them. I think Joe will, but I am a lot more worried about this game than a lot of fans, who almost seem to think it's a gimme...

Not saying it's a 100% lock, but it's close.

Not sure how the Ravens have consistently gotten lucky with our first round playoff matches in the Harbaugh/Flacco era, but hell I'll take it!

Dolphins, Chiefs, Texans sans QB, and Colts were all not real playoff caliber teams. The Colts stink, honestly. And to be completely truthful Luck hasn't been all that great. I love the Pagano story and all, but they're not a real threat. They will be in the coming years, but not this year IMO.

What will the plan be when Flacco get's outplayed by a rookie QB, at home??

If the Colts are able to stack the box and stop the run, Flacco will give away another game with an ill timed fumble and interception.