Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Ravens open as 6.5 point favorite against Colts

What will the plan be when Flacco get's outplayed by a rookie QB, at home??

If the Colts are able to stack the box and stop the run, Flacco will give away another game with an ill timed fumble and interception.

Blog Entries

What's up troll.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    The Colts couldn't improve their seeding today yet went out and beat Houston who actually had a lot to play for.
    I think the return of their head coach from cancer treatment gave them plenty to play for. And Houston seems to have lost their way. Neither will be the case next week.

Blog Entries

I'd take the Colts if I was betting the game. I see the Ravens winning on a late field goal.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    Colts won't score more then 10 points next week.
    I dunno about that; they've been scoring points against every opponent. I think the Ravens will need to match scores to win this one at least in the 20's.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

6. Re: Ravens open as 6.5 point favorite against Colts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I dunno about that; they've been scoring points against every opponent. I think the Ravens will need to match scores to win this one at least in the 20's.
    If the Ravens can elimate big plays (long throws to Hilton & Wayne & special teams returns) I would be floored if the Colts scored two TD's.

Take a look at Luck's stats the last half of the season and you'll see he is under 50% completion rate and has a bunch of picks (against some subpar defenses).

If the Ravens can play their old style defense (stop the run & don't give up big passing plays), then I'm seeing a long day for Luck.

I think the sky is the limit for Luck, but he's a couple years away from prime time.

Through week 16 Football Outsiders has the Colts as having the worst defense in the NFL, as well as worst Run Defense and 31st Pass Defense. As bad as the Ravens run defense was this year, we were still only 25th in Run Defense. Granted their good performance against Houston will help their rankings but this is a defense that's rated as being even worse than the Raiders that Flacco shredded.

8. Re: Ravens open as 6.5 point favorite against Colts

Ravens offense has dominated weak defenses this season, especially at home.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chicagoravensfan View Post
    Through week 16 Football Outsiders has the Colts as having the worst defense in the NFL, as well as worst Run Defense and 31st Pass Defense. As bad as the Ravens run defense was this year, we were still only 25th in Run Defense. Granted their good performance against Houston will help their rankings but this is a defense that's rated as being even worse than the Raiders that Flacco shredded.
    Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    Ravens offense has dominated weak defenses this season, especially at home.
    I have confidence that the offense will shred the Colts' defense.

Also, from Filmstudy's latest writeup.

A.Q. Shipley has stabilized the Colts’ offensive line with his play at center the last 3 weeks, but aside from Castonzo, the rest of them have not played well. Jeff Linkenbach has been moved all over and played poorly. Mike McGlynn has been one of the worst guards in football over the second half. Samson Satele may or may not be back for Sunday, but he hasn’t played well when active. Former Ravens’ camp fixture Joe Reitz has played 479 snaps at LG, including much of the 2nd half. This is an opportunity for Ngata, Jones, Cody, and Kemo to step up with a big effort.