Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I hope they lose next week, but I think I don't hate the Colts much anymore.

Andrew Luck had nothing to do with that Mayflower Truck that crushed my soul when I was 13. I think maybe it was carried on by Manning's smug grin, but the Colts are fading in hate far behind the Steelers and possibly even the Patriots.

Re: I hope they lose next week, but I think I don't hate the Colts much anymore.

For me the hate died with old man Irsay. He was the villan not the current team or players.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Re: I hope they lose next week, but I think I don't hate the Colts much anymore.

I want to beat them, but how anyone can hate a team coached by Chuck Pagano is beyond me.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

I swear if I see ONE shirt or sign on Saturday/Sunday at the stadium slamming the Irsays or referencing the team leaving in the middle of the night I'm going to scream in said person's face.

The last time we hosted the Colts in a playoff game here, the entire town and media were hell bent on making the game more about the Irsays and Mayflower trucks than it was about the city moving on with the Ravens.

And with Peyton out of the picture in Indy, who is left there for us to hate? Certainly not Luck or Pagano. Jimmy Irsay, maybe but he was just a pawn for his old man in 1983. He doesn't bother me at at all.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Welp, FWIW ---
    --I'm still pissed Irsay senior (dickheadus excrement maximus) whizzed on BALTIMORE Colts fans. Further, I don't hate Jimmy, but he's no role model, either.

--I honestly don't "hate" Indianapolis, that's a bit irrational. I did find their mayor to be an asshole, and I find the concept of Unitas et al as setting "Indianapolis records" as well as part of their "heritage", to be obnoxious. Yeah, they played for the same business franchise, but BFD.

--As much as I don't care for Peyton Manning, the guy is one heck of a QB. As for the Indy franchise players (as close as I'll get to calling them by their NFL moniker), I hold no ill will.

--R-2003, scream at me if ya gotta, mon ami! I'll ALWAYS be a BALTIMORE Colts fan, a Baltimore Ravens fan, and maybe try to become at least a follower of the Panthers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    I swear if I see ONE shirt or sign on Saturday/Sunday at the stadium slamming the Irsays or referencing the team leaving in the middle of the night I'm going to scream in said person's face.

The last time we hosted the Colts in a playoff game here, the entire town and media were hell bent on making the game more about the Irsays and Mayflower trucks than it was about the city moving on with the Ravens.

And with Peyton out of the picture in Indy, who is left there for us to hate? Certainly not Luck or Pagano. Jimmy Irsay, maybe but he was just a pawn for his old man in 1983. He doesn't bother me at at all.
    Yeah really. Holding a grudge against the Colts makes you look like a teenager. At some point you just have to let it go and move on.

That said I hope we send them back to Indy with a loss after this weekend.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post

Sorry RB, I still hate the Colts. Can't get past it. I do not hate Chuck, Luck or Reggie Wayne. I never really hated Manning. I just can't bring myself to root for the Colts. I got rid of my t shirt referenced above a few years ago, but I still hate the bastards. Maybe because they knocked us out of the playoffs twice in the last few years. As long as an Irsay is still associated with the team they will always be high on my "hierarchy of hate." But to reference the OP's comments, I now hate the Steelers more than the Irsays.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Yeah really. Holding a grudge against the Colts makes you look like a teenager. At some point you just have to let it go and move on.
    Wish I did look like a teenager.

Blog Entries

At this point I'm well past over it. The Ravens have been around long enough now that they've taken over the football space for me entirely. There's no room left any more to care about what happened, because there's so much about the Ravens to be interested in, and glad about.

Like the OP I was 13 when they left, and my dad and I had a strong bond over Colt football. He was in the marching band -- played the sousaphone. You can see him in the background of the '58 Championship game, though I couldn't tell you which one is him. He was in the first Colts Corral and all I had as a kid was Colts stuff (and Orioles..)

But... at this point the Colts now are just another NFL team to me -- there's hardly any association left as far as them connecting to Baltimore, though not having lived in Baltimore in a long time, that might be easier for me than for those who have always been there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    and maybe try to become at least a follower of the Panthers.
    Haha! We've been in NC 7 years. This year my wife and I decided before the season that we'd finally try to make the Panthers our 2nd team, based on the fact they actually played some good football last year and Cam Newton was exciting to watch.

Needless to say, they don't really give ya much to work with. We bailed on the Panthers after 2-3 weeks this year.

Maybe we'll give em another chance next year!

Sorry. Chuck Pagano seems like a great guy and I'm sorry he had cancer, and hope he's fully cured (my grandfather died of leukemia about 8 years ago, it's a horrible disease), but I still hate the Colts. I doubt I'll ever like them.

Rex Ryan was "one of us" too, but I've wished him nothing but misery while in NY. As was Marvin Lewis, loses too, and Mike Smith...

(***Disclaimer***I'm sure this is an unpopular opinion, especially from a woman..and I get life is greater than football and all that, but this thread is about hating the Colts, and I still hate the Colts)

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Once again, we get fucked over without even the slightest drop of K-Y jelly to ease the pain.

Yeah I've moved on as well.

I made sure my wife understood the history when she became a Ravens fan but I can't bring myself to hate the Colts anymore.

I certainly don't root for them. But Junior seems like a nice enough guy. Peyton has moved on. Chuck is a class act.

Hard to keep up the hate when they're so far removed from their dark days.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 12-30-2012 at 09:31 PM.