Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: I hope they lose next week, but I think I don't hate the Colts much anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ed from Bel Air View Post
    Wish I did look like a teenager.
    I wish I didn't!
    Still get carded for cigs and lottery tickets `12 years later..it's kind of embarrassing...

(OMG I just publicly told my age!!)

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Once again, we get fucked over without even the slightest drop of K-Y jelly to ease the pain.

Re: I hope they lose next week, but I think I don't hate the Colts much anymore.

That's the thing, I don't hate the Colts team and I think most of the people here have long moved on from their departure from Baltimore (contrary to what Colts fans want to believe). I can't stomach their fans because I've been around too many of them who truly are turds. The Colts aren't even in the same league as my loathing of the Steelers or Patriots (again, mainly their fans and a couple of their players who run their mouth).

Now I LOVE Chuck Pagano...always have, always will. And if the Colts were to make it to the Superbowl, I'd probably root for them simply because of my respect for Pags. He was the biggest loss this team had after last season IMO.

They still have our colors and logo. I love the Ravens, but they should be the new Baltimore Colts. At the very least, the name and colors should have been retired, as Bud Adams did with the Oilers name after a season or two.

I hate the football gods for first giving them Peyton, and now Luck.
    Al

I don't care for any team that is in the Ravens way. Hate is a little strong though especially against a city. That doesn't really make sense

Sorry RB, I still hate the Colts. Can't get past it. I do not hate Chuck, Luck or Reggie Wayne. I never really hated Manning. I just can't bring myself to root for the Colts. I got rid of my t shirt referenced above a few years ago, but I still hate the bastards. Maybe because they knocked us out of the playoffs twice in the last few years. As long as an Irsay is still associated with the team they will always be high on my "hierarchy of hate." But to reference the OP's comments, I now hate the Steelers more than the Irsays.
    Ed, I am with you on this. Still maybe because I am older than most on this forum, it still hurts that our history is in Indy. Maybe if the NFL did the right thing and gave it back, I would let go.

I'm 40 and that seems to be the cut off.

Folks older than me seem to still carry the hate.

Folks younger than me seem to not care.

Blog Entries

For those of you younger than 40, this helps explain why all us old geysers still hate the team from Indianapolis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYRIrRe_65Q

I dont like team from Indy.. never will...

Ohh surprise surprise - Tony Dungy says he likes Indy in our WC game.....

BEAT INDY!!!!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

For those of you younger than 40, this helps explain why all us old geysers still hate the team from Indianapolis.

Nice vid...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

It's not like we don't know the story. Most of us grew up hearing it every single football season. It's just that we were far less personally effected. I was born a few weeks AFTER the vans rolled out of town.

I can only be angry about having something I never experienced stolen for so long.

I think that's why it's easier for me to embrace the Ravens as Baltimore's true team. I don't think of them as replacements, or as the "should be" Colts.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

I still hate them. I still root for injury when that team plays. I'd love to see Kruger end Luck's career next Sunday.

Sorry RB, I still hate the Colts. Can't get past it. I do not hate Chuck, Luck or Reggie Wayne. I never really hated Manning. I just can't bring myself to root for the Colts.
    Agree. As long as there's an Irsay running the team, they will get no free passes from me.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).