Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Festivus Time: How far do you think this team can/will go?

Right off the bat, it's something to celebrate - a fifth straight year in the playoffs, that's a great accomplishment. Not necessarily in the way you would have thought, but hey, you get there.

Now, though, we're here.

This team's strengths and flaws are all known to us, but how far do you think this team can and will go?

It's going to be Indy up first and if the Ravens win, then probably off to play Denver unless, assuming the Pats and Broncos win tonight, Cincy beat the Texans (which is a distinct possibility in that rematch of last year - Houston have lost three of the last four and have just choked away homefield AND a bye. They've not really looked right since the bye) and then we go to Foxboro again.

It'll require doing what the Jets of 2010 did in order to reach Maximus - beat Manning and Brady back to back in all likelihood.

Of course I am hopeful for the team going all the way. But I just don't see them going past the divisional round.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Festivus Time: How far do you think this team can/will go?

I want to see Luck, Manning, and Brady in the playoffs. I want to curb stomp them.

If we can beat those three, then defeat Rodgers or Ryan in the big dance, it will be a season to remember forever.

I would say it's a 50-50 chance of surviving the first game. No chance of winning after that.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRavensFan View Post
    I would say it's a 50-50 chance of surviving the first game. No chance of winning after that.
    I would agree with this, unfortunately. Beating a white-hot Colts team playing for Chuck Pagano's homecoming is probably about a coin flip. On paper the Ravens are a better team by far, but games aren't played on paper--and the Ravens are stumbling badly while the Colts have hit their stride.

Beyond that, there's very little reason to think the Ravens can compete at Houston, at New England, or at Denver. They've lost to two of those teams brutally, and they beat New England by a razor's edge at home when Hernandez was missing and their defense wasn't playing as well.

I don't expect us to win on the road. But of course we have a chance to do it. To say otherwise is ridiculous. Everyone has a chance, and if we play like we did against the Giants? I don't like anyone's chances against US, home or away.

Blog Entries

I think this team could get white hot and make a run

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I think Indy's streak has to end somewhere. Hopefully it is here. PAgano knows us, Caldwell knows them. It should be interesting. I think the bookies will call it push or make Indy a slight favorite (we have lost 4 of the last 5).

I think we got a 50/50 chance against Indy, a puncher's chance if somehow we play Houston. But it looks like Denver and NE, and they both will be very tough.

Blog Entries

I've thought all season that we could go all the way and nothing has happened to change that. I really wish they would have taken stronger momentum into the post season. They need to get healthy and get hot, they can beat anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I think this team could get white hot and make a run
    :word

I'll be the eternal optimist till the seasons over, other wise it won't be fun watching the games

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

That's good question. I see us winning at home against the colts but after that it's gonna be tough to go on the road and win against Brady or Manning. If Caldwell and Flacco can stay on the same page this offense can be very dangerous. Our D is really what worries me the most and I thihk we go as far as they take us..
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

If you combine the best efforts of the year by our offense, defense, and special teams into one game, then we can beat anybody, probably even the 85 Bears. But you can say that about 32 teams in the NFL. Every team shows flashes in the different phases at one time or another.

I will say this, if the Giants game was a vision of what this team is going to look like from here on out and today's game was legitimately a meaningless fishing trip, then all will be absolutely well. And I think we'll know that by the end of the first quarter.

As Jekyll and Hyde as this team is, you can really get a pretty good bead for the whole game within the first few series.