Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Lord... If I'm Flacco watching AP run, I'm seriously considering my commitment to playing in Baltimore. Between the 9 dome games a year and AP scaring the ever loving shit out of defenses, he would turn that team into an instant SuperBowl favorite.

Here's hoping Ozzie can keep him around, Tyrod wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire today.
    Great point. My hope is that he is interested in being close to home is important to him. That being said, Philly will be in need of a QB too.

Re: Other Games Thread

That's a catastrophic error by the officials not only allowing the review to proceed on that "TD" play, but also getting the review WRONG--the ball didn't cross the plane.

How many games must the referees decide before someone is held accountable? Did they just want to make amends to Green Bay for the bad call vs. Seattle earlier in the year? Or is this game just fixed?

Mike Carey needs to be sent packing either way. What a horrible mistake.

Blog Entries
    Looked like the right call to me

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    That's a catastrophic error by the officials not only allowing the review to proceed on that "TD" play, but also getting the review WRONG--the ball didn't cross the plane.

How many games must the referees decide before someone is held accountable? Did they just want to make amends to Green Bay for the bad call vs. Seattle earlier in the year? Or is this game just fixed?

Mike Carey needs to be sent packing either way. What a horrible mistake.
    Bring back the replacement refs.

Dude, it was 100% the right call in every way.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Lord... If I'm Flacco watching AP run, I'm seriously considering my commitment to playing in Baltimore. Between the 9 dome games a year and AP scaring the ever loving shit out of defenses, he would turn that team into an instant SuperBowl favorite.

Here's hoping Ozzie can keep him around, Tyrod wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire today.
    If they offer more then the Ravens, Flacco is gone. Minnesota OL and defense are up and coming.Todays game was a typical Ravens game. Tyrod dominated in the first half and turned into Flacco the second half. Sacks and a pick 6 is something we are used to seeing lately. How about McKinnie, standing around while the play proceeds, how many of those sacks did he let happen?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Dude, it was 100% the right call in every way.
    Absolutely not. First, the Jim Schwartz rule dictates that if a play WOULD be automatically reviewed, a coach inappropriately throwing a challenge flag wipes out that review. But they let the review proceed anyway.

Then, remember that the CALL ON THE FIELD was a fumble recovered by Minnesota. Their only options are to let the call on the field stand or call him down by contact. The ball didn't look to cross the plane when his knee was down, and either way there wasn't definitive evidence.

But the review COULD NOT have proceeded because of the Jim Schwartz rule. It was impossible. And they confirmed that by flagging McCarthy... except they forgot to enforce the rule in its totality.

Now, they've called 3 straight penalties on Minnesota, and all of them were bogus/ticky tack at best. It appears that either the league has decided the Bears must make the playoffs or Mike Carey has money on this game as well as all the other games he's rigged over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Absolutely not. First, the Jim Schwartz rule dictates that if a play WOULD be automatically reviewed, a coach inappropriately throwing a challenge flag wipes out that review. But they let the review proceed anyway.

Then, remember that the CALL ON THE FIELD was a fumble recovered by Minnesota. Their only options are to let the call on the field stand or call him down by contact. The ball didn't look to cross the plane when his knee was down, and either way there wasn't definitive evidence.

But the review COULD NOT have proceeded because of the Jim Schwartz rule. It was impossible. And they confirmed that by flagging McCarthy... except they forgot to enforce the rule in its totality.

Now, they've called 3 straight penalties on Minnesota, and all of them were bogus/ticky tack at best. It appears that either the league has decided the Bears must make the playoffs or Mike Carey has money on this game as well as all the other games he's rigged over the years.
    Your premise is wrong, thus poisoning the rest. Pereira explained everything perfectly.

The Schwartz rule doesn't apply because McCarthey threw the flag AFTER the replay official had already buzzed down. Hence, the review takes place and the Packers are assessed a 15 yard penalty. Schwartz threw his flag BEFORE the replay official buzzed the field.

Second, it was clearly not a fumble as the ball crossed the goal line prior to his right knee touching.

Like I said, 100% correct. I swear, the hate Carey gets around here is astounding sometimes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    It's still third quarter, feed AP
    Don't think it's going to happen.

Blog Entries
    At this stage he may not pass Jamal Lewis

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

No matter what, this Viking/Packers game has been damn entertaining.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Yeah it is.

Gutsy call on 4th