Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Don't yell at Ogletree Tony. That pick is all you.

I want the Skins to win so bad just so the media will shut up about Tony Room.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Re: Other Games Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    It just says that in ANY situation where an automatic review would occur but a challenge flag is thrown, said review will not occur and a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty will be assessed.
    That isn't really what the rules say though. A review is prohibited only when a team commits a foul that prevents the next snap.

Quote Originally Posted by Pertinent NFL Rules:

Coaches’ Challenge. In each game, a team will be permitted two challenges that will initiate Referee Replay
    reviews, except for plays when the on-field ruling results in a score/turnover for either team, after the two-minute
    warning of each half, and throughout any overtime period. Each challenge will require the use of a team
    timeout. If a challenge is upheld, the timeout will be restored to the challenging team. A challenge will
    only be restored if a team is successful on both of its challenges, in which case it shall be awarded a
    third challenge, but a fourth challenge will not be permitted under any circumstances. A team may
    challenge an on-field ruling up until the next legal snap or kick. If there is a foul that prevents the next
    snap, the team committing that foul will no longer be able to challenge the previous ruling
    . No challenges
    will be recognized from a team that has exhausted its time outs. A team that is out of time outs or has used
    all of its available challenges may not attempt to initiate an additional challenge.

Penalty: For initiating a challenge when all of a team’s time outs have been exhausted, when all of its
    available challenges have been used, after the two minute warning of either half, during an
    overtime period, after a scoring play, after a turnover, or after a foul that prevents the next snap: Loss of 15 yards.

Replay Official’s Request for Review. After the two-minute warning of each half, throughout any overtime
    period, and after all scoring/turnover plays, any Referee Review will be initiated by a Replay Official. There is no limit
    to the number of Referee Reviews that may be initiated by the Replay Official. He must initiate a review
    before the next legal snap or kick and cannot initiate a review of any ruling against a team that commits a
    foul to prevent the next snap.
    His ability to initiate a review will be unrelated to the number of time outs
    that either team has remaining, and no time out will be charged for any review initiated by the Replay
    Official.

So in order for a review to be prohibited there must be a penalty that prevents a snap. Assuming the booth buzzed the ref (initiated the review) before any penalty (the throwing of the challenge flag in this case), then there is no way the snap was being 'prevented' by any penalty. So the review is not prohibited, though the penalty (that didn't prevent any snap in this case) is still assessed.
    Last edited by Haloti92; 12-30-2012 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Pulling for the Cowboys for no other reason than to hear some co-workers go monkey poo crazy all day tomorrow.
    That and hopefully people will stop riding on rg 3s... Yeah you get what I'm saying. So tired of sports media

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

W
    Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I was being a little facetious. Obviously he has more responsibilities than I cited, but it's just amusing that a guy who was on an NFL crew for ONE YEAR, and was essentially the #5 or #6 guy on the crew at best, made it to VP of Officiating and now is some sort of uber-expert on the NFL rules, despite questionable credentials and expertise.

Reminiscent of those guys we have all met in our work lives who have clearly been groomed by senior management... they come in, spend a year in the trenches, and then every year after that is a new promotion. The kind of jerk-offs that feel entitled by rank to lord over all the actual experts and professionals in their field. But I digress.

And no, I don't have a source for the 50% figure. It's anecdotal. When his little talking head pops up throughout the course of a game to "consult" on whether a call will be overturned or not, he's gotten the final call right about half the time and wrong about half the time.

I could certainly be wrong about the replay thing but it certainly seemed that McCarthy got an incredibly lucky break. The rule needs to go anyhow, but he got lucky.
    Even more reason to take his word over yours...he is infinitely more qualified than any of us, and you just seem to be stuck on the fact that he was a side official for one season...meanwhile for what...10 years ALL officials reported to him
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    That and hopefully people will stop riding on rg 3s... Yeah you get what I'm saying. So tired of sports media

I don't share your disdain of RG3.

I thinks he's a phenom and well worthy of the praise he's receiving.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Don't yell at Ogletree Tony. That pick is all you.

I want the Skins to win so bad just so the media will shut up about Tony Room.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Between Romo and RG3, I don't know who the media loves more. Ideally, they'd both be sitting at home but since the Giants fucked that up....

Cundiffed it!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Blog Entries

This will be a wacky ass game.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I don't share your disdain of RG3.

I thinks he's a phenom and well worthy of the praise he's receiving.
    Where did you get disdain? I'm just tired of everyone acting like he's the second coming of jesus

Lol Boing!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Where did you get disdain? I'm just tired of everyone acting like he's the second coming of jesus

That's how it came across.

Cool.

Not the best time to miss your first FG.