Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

OT - Browns to fire Pat Shurmur after tomorrow's game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-sundays-game/

He has ties to Harbaugh and actually, he's not a terrible offensive coordinator. He may be on the radar.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries
    He actually did a pretty good job there and won some tough games (Pitt, SD) Someone should give him a shot and Dick Jauron too

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries
    I don't blame the new owner for wanting his guys but at some point you have to give it time. IMO, Heckert should be fired for the horrible draft last year when frankly they could've had RG III.

Wonder if they bring in Mike Lombardi as per speculation?

Blog Entries
    Nick Saban apparently is on their short list as well.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries
    I've seen the Saban rumors but why would he leave Bama for Believeland? It's a damn tough job considering the division.

Blog Entries

Re: OT - Browns to fire Pat Shurmur after tomorrow's game.

I don't see Saban leaving Alabama. He's practically god down there.

Blog Entries

yeah, Saban wasn't fired from the Dolphins, he left there FOR the Alabama job. Why would he hop back into the NFL?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

I think it's certainly possible Saban comes back to the NFL but I can't believe it will be in Cleveland. I have no idea who it will end up being but I seriously doubt it's a big name former coach or really hot coordinator. That's an awful job with a pretty bare talent cupboard and a brutal division. I see a situation like Washington had years ago where they ended up with Jim Zorn, until they commit to a coach for more than two years and let them implement their system with their players, good luck getting anyone of note in there to coach your team.

Funny thing is...and others have kinda said it, I think Shurmur can win. I think Mangini would have eventually built a solid team there. You can't succeed with the instability they have had...
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

It seems like the comments from Browns fans on this are mostly pondering WHY they'd clear Shurmur out after posting the best season in YEARS. The GM seems to be universally disliked there, but they seem to want Shurmur to stay.

We'll see what Banner and Haslam do, but they seemed to be a better pair for the team, up to this move.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Doubt Saban leaves Alabama. Plus he is 61, doubt he wants to come back to the NFL and deal with the attitudes money creates. Bet you see Gruden's name pop up both Grudens, he was a big Browns fan as kid.
    Wouldn't be surprised to see Zimmer come up too. He is due.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I've seen the Saban rumors but why would he leave Bama for Believeland? It's a damn tough job considering the division.
    Because Johnny Football is gonna whoop up on his defenses for at least 2 more years and it'll make him (by extension) look bad.

Blog Entries

Got $50 for the first person who wants to bet Saban leaves Bama for Cleveland.