Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

"Eligible Receiver" and Other Sights from The Vault (Merged)

Just wanted to get everyone's thoughts on the game day experience as it pertains to Ray, his last game at The Vault and how it felt in the stadium.

First thing I noticed was the lack of empty seats before the game. A usual start to the game and people are still trickling in. Not today. I'd say the stadium was 97% full by the time the band was on the field and the colors were brought out.

Rays intro was amazing. Loud, emotional and electric. Very cool seeing the team gather just in front of the entrance area and give Ray some love as he came out.

The flyover was late but always a great sight.

Loved the crowd notice whenever Ray was on the screen and towards the end of the game, I thought that was it when he walked off with Reed. They kept showing him on the sidelines taking off his shoulder pads and the crowd was going nuts. Then when Harbs whispered something in his ear, someone in our section said "are they sending him out on offense?" And sure as shit, there he was!

Hearing Mike Carey say that #52 was an eligible receiver may have been the coolest thing I've ever heard at a football game!

I was a little disappointed there wasn't a speech to the crowd and I missed the lap around the stadium since we needed to get to the airport.

Re: "Eligible Receiver" and Other Sights from The Vault

Definately an electric atmosphere today. I'm emotionally drained. And yes the stadium was just about full prior to the team introductions. A sight not normally seen. Here are my thoughts.

I found it strange how Roger Goodell kind of sought out Ray Lewis and gave him a 10 second hug. Didn't see that coming.
    I got choked up when Ray Lewis played the last snap and did his last dance. And of course his entrance prior to the game and how his teammates were jockeying for position to get a front row seat. Hilarious.

Missed the Commish. When was he there?

Commish was pregame I believe (I wonder if he liked the BS chant?). My favorite moment was the fact that I couldn't hear Bruce say Ray's name - they put up the shot of Ray in the smokey tunnel and the crowd went berserk, overriding the PA.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Missed the Commish. When was he there?
    Yeah, they showed it on the pregame. It was on NFL network too.

There was palpable electricity in the stadium today. I can only compare it to Cal's 2131 game.

The energy outside the stadium on the way in felt special. Then to get in a full 40 minutes before the game and to see the seats almost 75% full so early... wow.

The chants at the end of the game of "We Love Ray" and "We Want Ray" and sometimes just "Ray Ray Ray" - amazing.

Honestly it was a 70k person love fest filled with Baltimoreans. How often does that happen? Maybe once a generation!

My wife pointed out another cool thing.

When Ed Reed was announced during intros, he didn't do his normal routine. Instead, he did the "ssshhhh" and pointed back towards Ray. Very classy.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

HR--
    It sounds like this was a game for the ages to have attended. Wish I could have been there to enjoy it live, but it reminded me of the fact that I DID get to attend the first game the Ravens played "way back when". Thinking of how bad the defense was then, and how it evolved into arguably one of the top few defenses ever, no small thanks to Lewis, it was pretty cool watching remotely, even from down here in Panther-land!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    My wife pointed out another cool thing.

When Ed Reed was announced during intros, he didn't do his normal routine. Instead, he did the "ssshhhh" and pointed back towards Ray. Very classy.
    He and Suggs both built up to Ray's entrance, it was bad ass to watch on TV.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

10. Re: "Eligible Receiver" and Other Sights from The Vault

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    He and Suggs both built up to Ray's entrance, it was bad ass to watch on TV.
    Yes it was.

Wished I could've been there to see it live.

Goodell loves Ray and speaks very highly of him on a regular basis

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Definately an electric atmosphere today. I'm emotionally drained. And yes the stadium was just about full prior to the team introductions. A sight not normally seen. Here are my thoughts.

I found it strange how Roger Goodell kind of sought out Ray Lewis and gave him a 10 second hug. Didn't see that coming.
    I got choked up when Ray Lewis played the last snap and did his last dance. And of course his entrance prior to the game and how his teammates were jockeying for position to get a front row seat. Hilarious.

it was def surreal..... The intro was amazing!!!! Probably some of the coolest pics I took today from the intro:

ATTACH]1273[/ATTACH]

Probably my fav... Ayenbadejo takin vid...and sizzle copyin him...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357552430.848950.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images