Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 525354
    Blog Entries
    Indy just won an emotional game against Houston while the Ravens have been game planning for Indy all week. I see a Ravens win at home

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Indy just won an emotional game against Houston while the Ravens have been game planning for Indy all week. I see a Ravens win at home
    Yup, just like the first Ravens Steelers game last year they've been gaming for this for a while now.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Re: Game Thread -- Ravens @ Bengals (Pseudo Preseason Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Indianapolis is absolutely red hot right now. They can beat anybody anywhere when they're on, and they're on. The Ravens have no momentum and numerous key starters will be playing rusty and banged up. They have catastrophic timing, rhythm, and confidence issues on offense.

That's not to mention that IF they beat Indianapolis, they have to take the show on the road and beat (in all likelihood) Denver. It isn't impossible, but it sure doesn't seem likely.
    So you're gonna go play in traffic during next weeks game, right?

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    And those are good things, but this isn't a game after a bye week or a week 1 game. They didn't have a bye week, they had a week of practice for Cincy and now they have a week of practice for Indy.
    If you think that anyone but Tyrod spent more than an idle afternoon prepping for Cincinnati this week, I have some swamp land in Florida to sell you.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Indy will have the edge in emotion and momentum but the Ravens should have the edige in game planning. We will see if it's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    If you think that anyone but Tyrod spent more than an idle afternoon prepping for Cincinnati this week, I have some swamp land in Florida to sell you.
    You're exaggerating but probably broadly correct. I doubt the coaches spent a ton of time gameplanning for Cincinnati. The point I was trying to make is that you can't just assume that this past week was the same as a bye, and that's why I'm not sure how much predictive value the Ravens' record after a bye holds. It certainly bodes well generally just in terms of the Ravens' motivation, although they're never lacked motivation to play hard in the playoffs.

To be very specific, the problem that I see is that the Ravens' offense has major issues with their rhythm, timing, and communication. They looked great against New York, but is that the offense that shows up? Or does the Denver offense show up? I think the Ravens would have been well-served to work on their offense under live fire today. They didn't bother to and we'll see what impact that has.