Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5051525354 LastLast

Re: Game Thread -- Ravens @ Bengals (Pseudo Preseason Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    The Ravens will stumble backwards into the playoffs losing 4 of their last 5 games. That doesn't inspire much confidence.
    Agreed, never been a fan of resting players like this. Even more so given the last month of performances. They needed to built of of last weeks win.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Bingo. And with a now hot Indy team coming into town.

Not happy about this.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    The last time we saw the starters in a full game it was a throttling of the Giants how is that not having momentum?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Only thing that bothers me is walking into the playoffs with a offense that we have no clue what their real skill level is

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The Ravens will stumble backwards into the playoffs losing 4 of their last 5 games. That doesn't inspire much confidence.
    Yea because we sure fought tooth and nail for this one. Christ, we sewed up our playoff spot and let the young'uns take a crack at winning. "Losing" this game was meaningless.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Not happy about this.

The Chuck and Luck show seem to be this season's Cinderella Story. Not sure I'd like that either.

Not happy about this.

Indianapolis is absolutely red hot right now. They can beat anybody anywhere when they're on, and they're on. The Ravens have no momentum and numerous key starters will be playing rusty and banged up. They have catastrophic timing, rhythm, and confidence issues on offense.

That's not to mention that IF they beat Indianapolis, they have to take the show on the road and beat (in all likelihood) Denver. It isn't impossible, but it sure doesn't seem likely.

Quote Originally Posted by DarienA View Post
    The last time we saw the starters in a full game it was a throttling of the Giants how is that not having momentum?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    And not moving the ball well during their couple drives today. Looked like same old road Ravens on offense.

Blog Entries

Indianapolis is absolutely red hot right now. They can beat anybody anywhere when they're on, and they're on. The Ravens have no momentum and numerous key starters will be playing rusty and banged up. They have catastrophic timing, rhythm, and confidence issues on offense.

That's not to mention that IF they beat Indianapolis, they have to take the show on the road and beat (in all likelihood) Denver. It isn't impossible, but it sure doesn't seem likely.
    You also said we'd lose the rest of our games before the NYG game. I think that's way too negative IMO. The Ravens clearly didn't want to tip their hand. What have Indi done on the road this year? Nothing.

Btw Houston lost against the 2-14 Colts last season too.

Blog Entries
    Someone start the "wheels are falling off " thread

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Lol at the idea that missing the last 3/4s of a meaningless game makes our starters "rusty."

Some people just need to be miserable to feel good.

I'm in DC tonight with my inlaws (Skins fans). THEY understand what a gift making the playoffs is and are threw the roof at the mere possibility. Meanwhile we had a chance to rest our injured and protect out starters because we sewed up a spot last week and no matter which choice we made, half the board was prepared to piss and moan that it was idiotic.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    You also said we'd lose the rest of our games before the NYG game. I think that's way too negative IMO. The Ravens clearly didn't want to tip their hand. What have Indi done on the road this year? Nothing.

Btw Houston lost against the 2-14 Colts last season too.
    After we lost to Pittsburgh I said we'd lose out. So far, I'm 3 for 4, thankfully I was wrong at least once. I would have preferred to go 0-4, but alas. I would much prefer to not be negative, but I have to call it like I see it.

I won't predict the Indy game until I see what kind of work our injured players put into practice this week, but I don't feel confident at all.

Blog Entries

I think the Ravens are fine. I was actually encouraged by how well the defense played today, especially vs the Cincy starters. Ellerbee seems to be a key player for them. Also, I would consider putting Hall or Tyson ahead of Cody on the depth chart.