Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: Ray (Rice) not expected to play

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    For one we need Yanda as healthy as possible for Flacco to be able to stay upright. Also, I wouldn't want to see Boldin or Doss get injured worse in a meaningless game. We need them to be as healthy as possible for the playoffs.
    I hope you guys are right but I don't think this bodes well for a team that needs to get in a groove. Team with momentum in the playoffs wins. The packers won it with half their team on ir but they were a wildcard so they had to fight every week and they won

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    If we were a healthy team, I'd agree with you.

Hard to generate serious momentum when many of your star players are dinged up.

Getting healthy > Momentum.
    I could not agree more.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rpcfball View Post
    I hope you guys are right but I don't think this bodes well for a team that needs to get in a groove. Team with momentum in the playoffs wins. The packers won it with half their team on ir but they were a wildcard so they had to fight every week and they won
    2009 colts got to the superbowl after losing 30-7 in week 17

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    This is what I've been expecting all week. Nothing to gain by playing them and frankly nothing to gain by winning
    :word

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Meh.

You go from playing the Colts to playing the Bengals. And if you win, more likely that you play the Broncos, not the Texans. Either way, it's as tough, no real advantage unless Pats and Ravens are AFC Champ game again.
    You're also assuming the Texans beat the colts. Not a gimme

2009 colts won the superbowl after losing 30-7 in week 17
    You really want to get into an argument about the colts and resting starters? They'd have a couple more super bowls if not for resting starters

Blog Entries

2009 colts got to the superbowl after losing 30-7 in week 17
    I'm not disagreeing, but the 2009 colts were 15-1....
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Will harbaugh be sitting on the bench. Might as well let the OC and DC call the game.
    I say play who is healthy and play to win. Has resting most of the starters ever worked out in the playoffs? I think not, Harbaugh will be fired if they lose in the first round badly. Rice needs to stay sharp and Flacco needs those reps in cold weather. Injured players get the bye, babying these guys will not help considering the ups and downs the team has had this year. Caldwell and offense need to get their shit together for the playoffs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rpcfball View Post
    You really want to get into an argument about the colts and resting starters? They'd have a couple more super bowls if not for resting starters
    Not arguing. I think both arguments for resting players and against are valid. It's just my opinion that the Ravens have more to gain by resting starters especially the injured ones. The Ravens are traditionally very good after a bye week, and they have plenty of playoff experience. They aren't like the Bengals who haven't had much success in the playoffs.

Not a fan of the decision to forego momentum, but if guys are too hurt to play or would play better next week with more rest, it's understandable. If I were the coach it wouldn't even be a consideration but I'm not the coach.

I don't mind resting defensive starters all that much, but the offense needs more work getting timing and rhythm down on the road. The OL also needs more development. It's probably a mistake to sit Anquan and Doss unless they are legitimately gimpy, Yanda probably could use a bit of rest but I still don't like it.

Geno Atkins is going to have his way with Bobbie Williams at RG. I hope Flacco doesn't play a lot of snaps because he could easily get sacked 9 or 10 times this game. This is why it's such a tough balancing act... sure, now you protect Yanda from further injury, but you also expose Flacco and Tyrod to injury. It's a tough call.

Oh yea, adam who, this guy rates highly on Ravens inside information. Him and hoge are one in the same, both steeler homers and really have nothing important to say. Adam just getting his jollies making a false report.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Will harbaugh be sitting on the bench. Might as well let the OC and DC call the game.
    I say play who is healthy and play to win. Has resting most of the starters ever worked out in the playoffs? I think not, Harbaugh will be fired if they lose in the first round badly. Rice needs to stay sharp and Flacco needs those reps in cold weather. Injured players get the bye, babying these guys will not help considering the ups and downs the team has had this year. Caldwell and offense need to get their shit together for the playoffs.
    Sorry to disappoint you, but Harbaugh isn't getting fired. My ONLY scenario where that happened is if he lost out the regular season and first round, MAYBE. He won Giants game. He's safe.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!